Sounds like work...

I know nothing about writing. True story, not a damn thing. Of course if you have read anything I have ever written you know this already. 

It was when I first came to Wattpad that I started hearing terms like POV, tense, ambiance, first person, third person, and other crap like that. I really had no idea what most of you were talking about when I read comments that alluded to those things. In some cases I still don't. Nor am I that interested in knowing. Not that I don't want to learn new things. I think I just don't want this to become a chore. 

I enjoy putting stories on the blank page. I sit down and I write. Sometimes non-stop for hours. I don't want to dissect it though. I have no desire to mull it over forever and wonder what I could have done differently. My stories are my stories. I don't make an outline. I don't know what word comes next until I read it on the page and I never sit down and wonder what I am going to do with a character. I will do with the character whatever it is I do with the character. I don't stress over it. The character doesn't have a mind of its own and it does not make me do anything. I can take it or leave it. 

At what cost you say? Who knows? Maybe this means I will never publish anything. That doesn't impress me because I have never had a desire to publish anything. This publishing bug that has infected many of you is not in my bloodstream yet. Or maybe it means I will remain the mediocre writer I am today. Maybe I don't give writing it's due care and consideration. Maybe the fact that I don't want to know the things that you writers know means I am not as serious as many of you are. Maybe that means I should stop. Why do anything half-ass?

I guess writing is a craft. People should respect a craft they undertake and should aspire to do it as well as possible. But dammit that really sounds like work. I didn't sign on to play this game so I could turn it into work. 

What are your thoughts?