Chapter 9

Chapter 9

[A/N: you'll probably hate me after this chapter... ]

Zayn had made quick work of killing the four lads. He thought he was back to normal, but after what he had just done, there was no way he could claim to be the same villain he was before Niall came along. He hadn't really enjoyed killing the boys; he did it more out of necessity. It was actually tearing him apart inside.

*****

"Did you miss me?" Zayn taunted in his most menacing voice.

He could just barely make out the four dark shadows in the dank, disgusting shed. Two were standing together in the far back corner, while the remaining two were basically sat on each other's laps. For some reason, that infuriated Zayn.

"Well?" he said more harshly. "I asked a question. Did. You. Miss me?"

"No, can't say I did," a voice that sounded like Andy said.

"No? Shame," Zayn purred. " 'Cause my knife here sure missed YOU," he replied, drawing a long blade from where it had been sheathed in his back pocket. He traced his fingers over the ice-cold silvery metal lovingly and then fumbled around in the dark, looking for the lantern he knew was there somewhere. He let out a grunt of approval when his hand bumped into the hard material. His lighter in hand, Zayn opened the hatch and watched as the wick was engulfed in golden flame. The fire lapping at the glass containing it cast a sickly glow over the small shed, illuminating the faces of Liam and Andy in the corner, and of course the two lovebirds, Harry and Louis, cuddled into each other.

"Ugh, you two are SICKENING!" Zayn informed them.

"Why, because we're gay?" Louis asked, his voice barely above a whisper. Harry stroked a hand over the smaller boy's back soothingly.

"No, because you're straight. OF COURSE BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY, YOU FAG!" Zayn spat at him, rolling his eyes.

Louis looked to be on the verge of tears. When he and Harry had first come out to the world, he had taken the hate they received quite hard. He couldn't understand why people would judge him simply for falling in love with someone, especially someone as perfect as Harry. He had always believed that love is love, no matter the gender or circumstances. All that mattered was that the two people cared for each other, because that would pull them through all other difficulties.

Hearing Zayn spit those obscenities he thought were a thing of the past at him and his boyfriend re-opened a wound in his heart. He felt pathetic, useless, and weak. And maybe the killer was right. Maybe he was all those things.

Before he could stop them, hot tears began rolling down his cheeks. They shone like stars in the flickering light of Zayn's lantern. Harry took notice and began kissing away the salty liquid dripping from his love's beautiful eyes.

"It's okay, baby," he cooed softly while brushing his fingers through Louis' feathery hair. "I'm here."

"Promise you'll always be here to hold me?" Louis asked tearfully.

"Always. 'Til the day I die," Harry replied, placing a gentle kiss on the older boy's soft pink lips.

The tender moment was ruined by Zayn's voice cutting through the silence. "That day may be closer than you think, mate."

"NO!" one of the boys from the other duo screamed. Liam came rushing forward, probably thinking he could save his friends.

Zayn reached behind him and brandished the small handgun he had stashed in a small pouch strapped to his back. "Shut the hell up!" he shouted at Liam. The barrel of the black gun was pointed directly at the muscular boy's head, rendering the clear bodily advantage he had over Zayn useless.