Chapter One:

Chapter 1:

Dim Fairy lights lit up that Ontario sidewalk just enough that Anna and Travis hadn't realized they'd been walking upon it for so long. Graffiti covered the canvas of every abandoned, brick building on the block. The night was silent other than chirping of crickets and Anna's healed boots clicking along the pavement and occasionally coming into contact with scattered, broken glass. The muggy air of that summer night was almost unbearably heavy, but their heart and souls were so light and uncorrupted.

While their laughter filled the street, Travis slipped his hand into Anna's and with their fingers intertwined, he spun her around with his free hand. Soon the two were dancing along the cement and sharing kisses that tasted of sweets while the stars and moon of the midnight sky above them aligned.

With Anna's head rested upon his chest while their legs were still swaying, Travis whispered, "I love you." She replied in a tone of pure happiness, "I love you too."

~

The Next Morning:

Anna woke up with her body against the cold & dewy patch of grass her and Travis had slept on. Anna squinted her eyes until she could make something out of the blurry and half-chipped letters on the street sign.

"Covington Alley"

After waking up Travis, the two had walked hand-in-hand down the alley until coming to an area of the town with a small strip of local businesses, such as a cafe and multiple different vintage shoppes.

"Let's have some breakfast." Travis said while leading Anna into the cafe called: "café de la ville cimenté"

The wooden door squeaked as Travis opened it. They ordered two cappuccinos from the hippy barista named, Clyde. They were soon sat on a worn sofa by the dusty window that the morning sun shined threw. On the poorly scratched table in front of them is where a stack of yellowing napkins lay. The pair sat slowly sipping their coffee in peaceful silence.

Travis set his mug down and pulled out a pack of Marblo cigarettes. He put one inbetween his fingers and shook the rest of the white and red box at Anna. She declined.

"Come on, baby. It's bliss." He insisted.

Soon caffeine filled their veins.

And smoke filled their lungs.

Ashes fell to the floor.

And coffee stained their lips.

Anna began to think Travis was right.

Nicotine was bliss.