Chapter 35

Chapter 35

“I said no!”

“You don’t make my decisions Cassandra!” Kimberly screams back. She and Cassandra had been arguing for almost a full hour. Kimberly wanted to see Riley alone but Cassandra said she wouldn’t let her. Kimberly starts walking towards the door. It was her decision. She doesn’t even know why she bothers. Cassandra steps in front of her. “Move Cassandra.” Kimberly hisses.

“You shouldn’t go Kimberly.” Cassandra says. “You almost died because of her.”

Kimberly bites her lip. She didn’t know the full story but she remembers getting shot by some blonde girl. Kimberly frown deepens. “I want to hear it from her.”

“She is only going to break your heart Kimberly. She is a human hunter.”

Kimberly shakes her head in anger. She just couldn’t believe it. It was real. It felt real. “She wouldn’t play me like that Cassandra.” She looks into Cassandra eyes on the verge of tears. “Riley wouldn’t do that.”

Cassandra sneers and steps out the way. No matter what she said Kimberly would refuse. The strawberry blonde had already made her decision.

Riley had been pacing back and forth ever since Chloe had come and said Kimberly wanted to see her. However, it’s been almost an hour and Kimberly still hasn’t come. “Maybe she changed her mind.” Riley thinks.

Then there was a knock at the door which made Riley jump from her thoughts. When the door opens Violet and Chloe walks in together, Riley groans, she was tired of seeing the two of them.

Violet rolls her eyes and threats folding her arms over her chest. “I don’t like this.” She states. Then her eyes glow violet. “But if you hurt her. I will kill you Riley.” Chloe nods her head not having to say anything and then they both walk out and finally Kimberly walks in.

Once the door is close Riley runs towards Kimberly but the strawberry blonde puts her arm out stopping her. Riley bites her lip and then takes three steps back. She then waits for Kimberly to say something.

Kimberly looks down at her fingers. She didn’t know how to start the conversation but she had to see Riley. To make sure she was okay. “You’re a human hunter?”

“I use to be.” Riley answers.

Kimberly stares into Riley blue-green eyes and asks, “Did you play me Riley.” Kimberly can feel tears on the verge of her eyes. She wanted to hear it from Riley. Everyone has been saying how Riley only used her to get to her family but she just couldn’t come to terms to believe it.

“I swear Kimberly when I first met you I didn’t know about Violet and your family. I wouldn’t hurt you like that.” Riley takes a step forward and pleads with her eyes. “Remember Paradise.”

A tear falls from Kimberly eyes and Riley wipes it from her cheek and whispers, “I love you.”

Kimberly bites her lip looking into Riley eyes. Everything has happen so quickly. Was it possible to love so quickly? “I…” Kimberly stutters. She didn’t know what to say.

Riley looks down nervously. “You don’t have to say it back.”

Kimberly lifts Riley chin back up and whispers, “After you met Violet did you know.”

Riley bites the inside of her cheek and answers, “I had a feeling but I didn’t want to believe it. I didn’t care Kimberly. I only cared about you. I didn’t play you.”