19. Seven Tails

~Michael's P.O.V~

I roll off of Calum's chest onto my side as the morning sun beams in through the open window. "Nice to see someone's up." I jump and look up at an older woman sitting on the other side of the room. She looks an awful lot like Calum so I guess it'll be okay right? I rub my eyes and crawl over to the edge of the bed. "H-Hello?" She smiles and walks towards us slowly, reaching out and scratching behind my ears. I nuzzle into her hand slightly and smile a little. "Well aren't you a cutie?" "M-Mother?" I hear a quiet groan from behind me and turn my head quickly, cuddling back into Master Calum. "Michael stay away from her." I whimper at his harsh tone and let go of him slightly. She seemed lovely though why am I not allowed near her? It's his mummy. I smile sadly and curl up on his chest again, hiding my face in my tale as I hear a somewhat angry sigh from the woman as she leaves us alone again. Master Calum continues to stroke my hair gently causing me to fall back into a gentle sleep.

I jump awake to the sound of the door slamming. I look up in terror to see the most hated face in my world. Alexandria. I jump off Calum's chest whimpering as I back off the bed, cowering under it. No. Why is she here? I was supposed to be happy and safe here. Here with Master Calum without her. She's going to hurt me again. "What the hell are you doing here!?" "Well I couldn't exactly leave my property unsupervised could I?" "Is that all I fucking am is it!? And people expect me to marry you next week!" "Exactly sweetie, so can we get the little freak out our room and somewhere more suitable for his kind." I whimper curling up in a ball. No I just got Master Calum back don't make me go again. "Michael sweetie come up here a second. I promise it's okay." I sniffle and climb up onto the bed beside Master Calum and Alexandria. "Little one you know I care baby but we're going to have a grown up conversation okay? Remember the way Luke brought you up here?" I nod slowly and wipe my tears on my dirty shirt sleeve. "Well I need you to go down those stairs and find Ashton okay? And then once we finish here I'll come get you alright?" Master Calum smiles weakly at me and plays with my ear before tapping my bum. "On you go little one." I smile a little scuttle off for the stairs. I have to get mummy for Master Calum. I have to make him happy and proud of me.

I huff and sit on a wooden box. I don't know where mummy is. I'm tired and my head hurts and I'm realllllyyyyyy hungry. I was about to go back up to Master Calum when I catch a glimpse of movement. I follow the direction of movement to be more intrigued. I spot the edge of a puffy tail; an awful lot like mine, turn the corner into a small hut like room in the corner. I can't help but follow I want to see someone like me. Get answers; find closure for why I was in that alleyway, who I am. I walk through the doorway and there it was. A tail almost identical to my own. Wait not one. Two, three, four, five, six... Seven! How? I tilt my head and hug my own tail for comfort as the woman who the tails belong to turns and giggles at me. "Hello there cutie? You're new aren't you? And still so young, c'mere." I slowly step towards her and then plop down on what I assume is her bed. "Excuse me miss... But you're like me aren't you? I just wanna know..." "You want me to explain what we are little baby boy?" I nod slowly and smile a little. It's really comforting having someone else. It's not just me anymore. "Well do you know what we are? Kitsunes yes? Well your one little tail there, you're still a baby. We can live thousands of years and one day you'll have all of these if not more. So what happened to you? How did you end up here?" "Master Calum took me in. H-he found me in Tokyo; alone, starving to death, tied up." I sniffle and she pulls me into her. "It's alright sweetie. I bet he looks after you." I smile and nod, jumping up as outside falls quiet with a slam of the door. "Go. You have to go now. Get back to the Prince. You have to hurry before you're seen." I nod quickly slightly confused and run out the room as I see the man the fuss is over and pick up the speed back to Master Calum. When I get to his room thank god Alexandria was gone. I climb up next to Calum and curl up as he pulls me close again. This has to be the best way to sleep ever.