Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

                                                                        Lisa's Point of View

Driving back from the Hospital my mind heavy with thoughts of my family, mainly my husband and his mental state. Ever since the accident he has felt different, like a ticking time bomb and now him seeing things that can’t be there and being so paranoid. I can only pray to god that the doctors can help him get through this, seeing how clearly I’m not helping him in any way. I can’t help but think this move was a mistake, I am beginning to think maybe it was the stress of this move that sent him over the edge.

Then there is Stephanie, clearly she is not handling the move well either, leaving all of her friends behind and her school; basically everything she knows in this world. We packed up and left in the rearview mirror, obviously that is why she is acting up with all of this nonsense however it is not helping her dad with his mental state; they both need help and I am at a loss as for what to do to make things easier for either one of them.

Me on the other hand I love the new house and where it is located, the South Dakota Black Hills are so Beautiful and the house is breath taking. I couldn’t ask for anything more, well except that my family grows accustom to our new life sooner than later preferably, I need my husband back; the husband from before the accident and his daughter needs him as well.

I left town and headed up Old Nemo Rd into the hills it started to rain gently and turned to a complete nightmare of a down pour within seconds, making the dark windy roads through the forest nearly impossible to drive in. I decided it to be safer to just pull the car over alongside the road and wait for the rain to slow down enough to continue on, I sat there in the warm car with the windshield wipers on high eagerly awaiting the opportunity to go home.

We had left poor Stephanie home alone, I didn’t want to wake her up and have her up all night troubled about if her father was going to be alright; she needed her rest and I knew she would be safe at home.

Just then the car went from being almost too warm to frigid within a single second, the windows fogged up and the car died the hair on the back of my neck stood up. As I reached forward to turn the key my fingers made contact and as I began to turn the key, I was stopped and severely startled by the blare of the radio.

"Hey there little red riding hood you sure are looking good your everything the big bad wolf could want" (howling).

Followed by a deep scratching sound on the outside metal of the car along with growling, my body began to tremble, my breathing erratic, my fear had grown so intense that the bitter cold inside the car had left my mind and the eerie music with scratching and growling circling the car had my full attention than a whisper in my ear,

"Your family is now mine and I have decided you are no longer needed within this family, Lisa."

I jumped with a scream and turned right in my seat looking in the back finding nobody but then seeing the headlights rapidly approaching from the side window, as it emerged from the corner suddenly and broad sided my car driving it through the guard rail and off the ledge of the road sending my car tumbling down the cliff. As in a few seconds I watched my life ending till the car hit the bottom, it exploded and everything went black.