The Others

She was a little late for her first class, having gotten a bit lost on the way. Because of this, there was only one seat left in the classroom: between a girl and a boy who looked around the same age as her.

The teacher (called Storm, according to her schedule), was a nice lady with white hair. Apparently, her mutation was being able to manipulate weather. She never got angry, even when Cornelia accidentally made her desk vanish.

After the desk had reappeared, the boy next to her said "Nice trick - how'd you do it?"
Cornelia replied truthfully with "I have no clue."
The boy chuckled and went back to concentrating on the lesson.

Towards the end of the lesson, the boy passed a note to her. It read ~Come and hang out with us later. On the courtyard~ along with a smiling face. The odd thing was, the note was cold, and had bits of ice stuck to the edges. 'Must be his mutation' Cornelia thought, before she turned to him and nodded happily. In reply, he grinned and gave her a thumbs-up.

And so, later that day, Cornelia went to the courtyard to find the boy from earlier with two other students that looked about her age.
"Hey, you made it" smirked one of them, a boy, "Bobby told us you'd be coming."
'So that's his name' Cornelia thought. She smiled at the group, suddenly feeling very nervous.
After a moment of awkward silence, the boy from earlier - Bobby - said "I think we need some introductions! You first, new girl"
Cornelia introduced herself, and then the rest of the group did. The other boy was called John, and the girl was called Kitty.
They seemed to accept Cornelia into their group, and she was glad of that.