• Chapter 3

Living here?
Uh, no.
At first I was standing there with shock, but then I started running like my life depended on it.
I ran after him, following his scent.
I was running so fast I was almost falling over because I have no balance.
I sharply turned at a corner, stubbing my big toe in the process.
"Fuck shit fucking shit fuck holy fuck" I started mumbling quickly.
"Woah, you got a mouth on you."
I looked up to meet light blue eyes.
I could feel power radiating off of him, but not as much as Alpha.
His hair was blonde and perfectly messy.
He had a perfectly sculpted jawline, and overall he was hot.
Really, really hot.
But not even close to Alpha.
I mentally scolded myself for thinking that. I can't get attached to him.
For all I know, he's a kidnapper and he's going to kill me!
I might not even be the only one!
I shuddered thinking about that.
What if I'm not the only one?
I was brought back to reality when I felt two hands shaking my shoulders.
"Hello?!"
I looked up and saw the stranger looking at me with concern and amusement swiveling in his eyes.
How he managed to pull off both of those emotions is lost to me.
"S-sorry. I was thinking."
"Well, something bad could happen if you're distracted."
I was about to respond when I heard a deep, rumbling growl. I turned my head and Alpha was standing there, glaring daggers at the man.
He smirked and lazily put his arm around my shoulder.
I froze, silently panicking.
Next thing I know, I'm being torn away and Alpha is in the guys face.
"Don't fucking touch her."
"I'll touch her if I want. Hell, she'll be begging when I'm done."
Excuse me?
Alpha pushed the guy by his shoulders, teasing him.
"Don't test me Jared."
Okay good, I know his name.
"I'm not fucking either of you. Just wanted to make sure you know that."
Their eyes immediately shot towards me.
Jared was grinning and Alpha looked like he wanted to rip out Jared's throat.
He stalked towards me and pulled me out of the hallway.
He brought me to what looked like an office and closed the door.
"Okay, what I wanted to talk to you about, before the wall rudely attacked my toe. Is, I'm not living here. No way. I have a home."
"Yes you are."
"No I'm not!" I internally groaned, realizing I sounded like a little kid.
"Yes, you are. As long as you're my mate, you will live in this house. With me."
"What the hell is a mate?"
He looked taken aback, but quickly composed himself.
"How do you not know what a mate is?" He questioned, his brows furrowing.
"Okay, I'm sorry but I'm not following."
He grunted and started to say something but I interrupted him.
"I am not living here. I don't care what you say, or if I'm your mate. Even if I have no idea what that is. I have a home, a crappy one but a home nonetheless. A sister and a best friend. Amber is probably freaking out right now whereas I'm perfectly fine. I can't stay here, I don't even know you."
When I finished he didn't seem fazed, instead he seemed happy and slightly amused.
"A mate is a wolfs other half, the only thing that'll make you whole and truly happy. It's like your soul mate. Your mate completes you. It's not love at first sight exactly, but it shows you who the right person is. The only person who only wants the best for you and won't hurt you. The only person you can truly trust. If you don't want that then, by all means leave. But it will tear you apart from the inside. I'm not one to tell you to stay, you have a say. I'm not your parent, do what you will. Just know, I'll miss you like crazy and I don't know what I'd do without you. I know I shouldn't but I already love you."
I surprised myself by laughing, "Did you practice that?" I asked, giggling as I imagined him practicing what he'd say to me in the mirror.
He seemed slightly caught off by my sudden humor for a second, but he was soon laughing with me.
I walked up to him and pulled him
into a hug, his warmth completely blanketing my body as electricity shot through my body.
At this moment, I've decided that I will not hurt him. But I don't guarantee love. That's scary and I don't even know him. And he has a weird fucking name I have to say.
I leaned up until my lips were close to his ear.
"I won't hurt you. But I can't promise I'll love you."
With that, I walked out of the office.