Minho Hyung!

1: Minho Hyung!

“Minho Hyung,” Taemin sat in the glowing-green garden, admiring the flowers which surrounded him.

“Yes,” the lanky 7-year-old came in the other child's view, standing in the doorway to the yard.

“Look at all the flowers!” Taemin's exclamation brought chuckles to the boy's lips.

“They are beautiful,” Minho sighed. “So which one's your favorite?”

“Hm,” the baby-faced toddler struggled to lift his bottom and began to run around the open area, in search of a particular plant. “This one!”

A tiny finger pointed at the only sunflower in sight. It's giant leaves towered above Taemin, it's big yellow petals shined in the morning's sunlight.

“Really? It is very pretty,” Minho smiled his sad smile.

“It is! It's always standing straight, staring up at the sun, unwavering, unlike the other flowers which lean in every which way and wilt,” Taemin's childish words held hidden meaning that he himself didn't understand, but unsurprisingly, Minho did.

The beautiful morning's silence was only broken by Minho's melancholy words, “Taemin-ah, you have to promise that you'll remain my sunflower, no matter how far we're apart, and for however long.”

His upset tone made Taemin look up at him in confusion. “Hyung? You know I'm horrible at keeping promises. What do you mean?”

Minho smiled, eyes shining in the daylight. “It's nothing.”

“Okay Hyung,” he replied cheekily, unfazed by the mysterious air that arose.

“Minho,” a young woman's voice suddenly called out in the comfortable silence that had enveloped them.

“I'll see you tomorrow, Hyung!” Taemin waved casually, as any oblivious child would.

Minho just smiled that sad smile, picking up his heavy suitcase from behind him. If you can't be my sunflower, then I'll forever be yours.