Chapter 16 - One wall down...

This chapter is NOT EDITED! Please don't complain. I'll do it when I'm able to :)

They say that when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. They say that you see everything important in your life: first steps, first love, family...friends. The few times I had faced death before, though voluntary on my part, I had never experienced the flashing pictures that flooded my head.  It just wasn’t there. I had nothing to be grateful for, I had nothing that would have caused me grief to lose.

But now I did.I had so much more to lose.

Crick, Eric...Hilary.

They say that just before you die, you feel almost cathartic, you feel at ease. They say that your subconscious realises that death is near, and somehow, your being prepares you for it. For death. But...where was the cathartic feeling? Where was the sense of ease that I was supposed to be feeling? Why wasn’t I feeling it? Why did it still hurt?

For too long I had tried to accept that death was coming for me. I had already mourned one life that I left behind, but somehow I found another. I found it. Me. On my own. But I never thought I would deal with death more than the times I had warded it off before.

They say that as death nears you, you accept the monster that is about to take your life. Accept it. How can you accept a monster...when the monster has always been a part of you? No. I’m not talking about the cancer. I’m talking about...

Hayden.

A violent push had me sliding on my ass and into the wall behind me. My head hit it with such force that I was surprised I wasn’t dead yet. I blinked continuously, struggling to get my bearings on what had just happened. One minute I was screaming, fighting Hayden into letting me go, and the next minute...I’m screaming at him, telling him...

Oh God. I told him!

I raised my hand to my head, feeling the horrifyingly painful bump at the back of my skull. I struggled to breathe - opening my mouth to get some air inside, but failing when all my lungs wanted to do was stop air coming in. Period.

“H-Hayden?” I whispered; the tears that hadn’t stopped falling seeped into my mouth a little. “Hayden...help.” I forced my eyes open.

No. I had a feeling that the cancer was definitely not going to be the death of me. He was. Hayden. A loud gasp escaped me at the sight my eyes were affronted with.

Hayden was on his hands, looking up at the ceiling...and convulsing. His shirt had dark patches, some from the water stain...and the rest from the blood that had now stopped pouring from my noise.

“Hayden, shit, what’s-“

A loud growl ripped through his throat, making me cower into the corner. The water in my eyes stopped, but that didn’t stop my eyes from popping in fear.

I’m going to die. I’m going die. He’s going to kill me. I’m going to die.

I sat, cowering in the corner of the bathroom, watching the scene unfold before me.

“Fuck! Me!” His screams, loud and incoherent, pierced my pained heart. My heart was thudding at a hundred miles an hour.

Run! Get out of there!

I can’t! He’s in pain!

I watched him, writing on the bathroom floor, surrounded by traces of my blood.

“Hayden—”

Another growl had me choking on my breath. I let out a scream when Hayden’s head whipped around so fast, facing me with so much malice that I was sure I was looking into death’s eyes. His orbs no longer had the blueness of the ocean to them. They were dark, cold...demonic. The skin on his face strained as he groaned in pain. I’m not sure what I was most scared of - getting killed by Hayden’s wolf, or the obvious excruciating pain that he was in right now. I winced and took a sharp breath in when the cracking started.