Chapter One: Memories in a Box

Peter's POV

Derek had given me some stuff that had some how made it through the fire. I finally had the courage to go through it after starring at it for two days.

I move to sit near the box and open it up. In side there was a few baby toys and a metal box. I took out the box knowing what was inside. I opened it to see pictures that were undamaged by the fire. It had wedding photos and pictures of Dexter's birth. The box held pictures of all of us together. My little family. My son Dexter and my wife Roza.

My head snapped up when the loft door opened. In walked what was Derek's new pack. Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Boyd, Erica, Lydia, Allison, Aiden, Ethan, Kira, Malia, and Jackson.

I put the pictures back in the box and shut it.

"Hey, what's that?" Derek asks.

"Pictures," I answer sharply.

"Okay. Anyone hungry?" he asks the teens.

There were a couple of yeahs and sures. I noticed that Stiles was looking at me.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"The box of pictures. I want to see them," he says simply.

Well I wasn't the simple type of guy, "No."

"Why not? They can't be that important," he says.

I growl at him, "The answer is still no."

Stiles takes a step back and Malia growls at me. Her eyes turning their neon blue color. (They claim that she is my daughter but I don't believe it for the sole reason that I wouldn't do that to Roza.)

Derek walked back into them room with a ton of chips. He looked at what was going on, "What did Stiles do now?"

"Hey! Why do you just assume its me?" Stiles asks.

"First off Malia is growling and standing in front of you protectively and second its always you," he answers. He sets the food down on one of the coffee tables.

I didn't notice that while Derek was talking Stiles had walked out from behind Malia and snuck around me and was now looking inside the box that was next to me.

"Why the hell do you have baby toys and stuffed animals?" he asks.

I round on him and full out shift. I growl at him and when I was about to lunge at him, Malia punches me in the face and I turn on her.

Derek jumped between us and roared.

I paused for a moment and so did she.

"Stiles learn some manners. Malia control your anger. Peter...I got nothing for you. Maybe be nicer," he suggests.

"Derek you know as well as I do. I will never be as nice as I was before the fire and you should remember that," I say getting up and leaving. It didn't even cross my mind to take the box with me. Leaving it in the view of Stiles.

Derek's POV

I notice that as Peter was leaving that he left the little metal box and the box of toys.

As soon as the door was slammed shut I saw Stiles out of the corner of my eye dive for the metal box, having already seen what was inside the cardboard box.

I sigh. What was I ever going to do with him?

He opens the box and looks surprised at what was inside.

"What is it?" Malia asks worriedly. I saw Jackson hook up the Xbox that he had brought with him already getting bored of what was happening. I also saw Boyd, Isaac, and Erica join him. Ethan was texting and Aiden was lifting weights.

That left Stiles, Malia, Lydia, Allison, Scott, and Kira interested in Peter's stuff.

I sighed again.

"Why is there just a bunch of pictures?" Kira asks.

"Are you stupid?" Lydia asks, "These are wedding and baby birth photos. Memories locked away in a box. Duh."

"Yeah, but, why does Peter have them?" Allison asks.

"I don't know! Don't look at me," Lydia exclaims softly.

I spoke up, "That was Peter's family. The pictures of his wedding and the day that Roza gave birth to their son Dexter."

Their heads snapped towards me. They all had shocked looks on their faces.

"Who in their right mind would marry Peter Hale the psychopath?" Stiles asks, still shocked.

"I can believe that but who would have a baby with him?!" Lydia and Allison ask at the same time.

"Roza would. They were in the words, madly in love with each other," I say, "Or as I call it mates."

"How?" Scott finally asks, coming out of his shock.

"They met in High School. She was human," I answer.

"Where is she? Is she still around here?" Malia asks, and then hurriedly asks, "I have a little half brother?"

"No, they didn't make it out of the fire. Peter had gotten back from the grocery store. Roza wanted ice-cream and we had run out. She was very pregnant again with another boy. They were going to name him, Joey. Well by the time Peter had gotten home Kate had already started the fire and Roza was trapped upstairs with Dexter in the room next to hers. Peter had run inside the house trying to get to them but that part of the house collapsed as he walked in," I say sadly. Roza was a good person. She added a light to the home when she moved into the packs house.

"Will you tell us more?" Malia asks.

"Like what?" I ask in return.

"Like what were they like? How was Peter with them? How did they meet?" Lydia asks.

"I'll have to let Peter tell you that story. Its not mine to tell and also I don't know all of the details that you are looking for," I say.

They get this disheartened look on their faces.

I sigh, "Here try this, when asking Peter to tell you everything ask him about his little pack. He should open right up. Now lets go play video games."

They all perk up at my words. Hopefully Peter won't kill them after he tells them.