Chapter Fourteen

| Fred's POV |

"Hiro!" Fred says.

"Hey, Fred," He greets him. He notices the mascot suit and sign. "Game today?"

"Yeah," He says. "I was wondering if you'd decided to tell ___ about us being heroes."

"I mean, I'd thought about it. But I'm not sure that she's cut out for it."

"She really is," Fred says. "She's really smart."

"But she's. . . kind of just . . . not a hero type. Like, Honey Lemon is a great hero, and she'd be a lot better than ___."

"Hiro," Fred says. "___ isn't weak."

"I'll think about it," He says. "Later, Fred."

Fred frowns. He had to tell you. It only felt right. He feels a tap on his shoulder and he turns. "Hey, ___," He says happily.

"I finished them," You say.

"Awesome. How about you stop by my house tonight? I'll be getting back from the game around eight or so."

"Sure," You say. "I'll see you then."

"Great." He smiles. You wave as you walk away.

As soon as you're out of sight, Fred turns towards the doors.

-

| Your POV |

"Ugh, what do you mean my car won't be ready until Tuesday?" You ask angrily.

Earlier today, your car wouldn't start. You asked Go Go to come help you. She said that you'd need the tools that she didn't have, so you took it to the shop. It was supposed to be ready by tonight.

"Great. That is just fantastic. Okay. Thanks." You hang up and glance at the the clock. It's seven thirty. It'd take at least thirty minutes until you'd get to Fred's . . . might as well walk. You grab your backpack and hook it over your shoulders. You begin to walk, waving goodbye to Hiro and Wasabi on the way out.

The air is cool, the sky clear. You can't help but glance up at the beautiful stars every few minutes. Everything is even more beautiful once you get downtown. You're nearing his house when a hand clamps down on your mouth.