Chapter 10

"We reversed the coma, and she is with her fiancé now. She's requested to see you two, she stated clearly that she wants you to come together." The doctor looked pointedly at Alex and myself. As if she knew something we didn't.

"Alright, when will that be?" Alexs smooth voice asked.

"Make your way to the room now, they should be finished up by now."

*

Her face was pale and the dark circles under her golden eyes were prominent. I'd never seen Kaitlin look so beat. Probably because I'd never seen anyone straight out of a coma due to a tumor that was going to kill them.

I tried holding in the tears when her honey tinted eyes bore into me, with a stare that told me she had a lot to say.

"Oh, hi you guys. Please sit." Kait ingloriously gestured to the two chairs next to her bed. We did exactly as told and she didn't dwindle or miss a beat, she got right to business.

"What are you doing here," she looked directly at Alex, "And why isn't Wyatt here?" Before answering Alex looked at me, as if asking what he was allowed to say. He looked as if he didn't want to say the wrong thing and piss Kaitlin off. I shrugged.

"He decided that he wanted to stay for schooling purposes. He called me to come stay with her." Kaits eyes were wide with shock, as she took in the information.

"So let me get this straight, you're a teacher, and you can miss school for Spencer but Wyatt can't?" She actually looked disgusted.

"Basically." I elbowed Alex's arm for making Wyatt look bad, even though I knew he was only telling the truth.

Her eyes moved to mine, "And you let this happen?"

"I did." I said, looking away.

"I thought you hated him," She laughed and looked to Alex, "No offense."

"Absolutely none taken." His lips pursed.

"I didn't hate him, I just- I couldn't deal with my own emotions and thoughts about things so I distanced myself from him." Well that's a way to put it.

"Yea right, he kissed you and you wanted to kill him for making you cheat on Wyatt." Kaitlin said bluntly.

"Yea, but I kind of forgot about that when I was told my best friend had a seizure," my head turned to Alex, "Can you give us a minute?" He nodded and as soon as he was out of the door I continued.

"He was there and Wyatt got scared so he called Alex to deal with it and bailed. I don't have any clue why but Alex gave me the comfort and support that I had hoped my own damn boyfriend would give me. But fücking no. Here we are again, because I think that I'm falling all over. And it's utter bullshit because I don't want to. I don't want to be that girl again, and I certainly don't want to be the girl that cheats on her boyfriend."

"Then end it with Wyatt and see where things go with Alex. I know you don't want to be 'that girl', but all bets are off when it comes to love. Especially between you and Alexander White. You don't try to pass up something like what you guys had and could damn well possibly have again. To be honest though, I don't think it ever stopped." Her honesty hit me like a bus going full speed and careening me into a wall that I couldn't get passed.

"I'm such an idiot, Kait. And it's not fair to Wyatt. I should've never brought him into this life with me. I should've never made him apart of my life because my heart is always going to be somewhere else. Damn it Kait, I told him I wanted him to move in." Tears flowed effortlessly down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away.

"Leave Alex here, and I'll keep him company while you go and break the news to Wyatt. He'll understand, Spenc. I'm sure he already knows it's coming."

I agreed fully, even though I didn't want to, and  gave Kaitlin a hug.

"I'll be back."

I headed to the waiting room, where Alex sat patiently, reading a magazine. He was wearing his glasses and they made his cerulean eyes look twelve time larger as they looked up to see me. My heart melted a little, as cheesy as it sounds, but it definitely did. There was no denying how unbelievably attractive he was anymore.

"I need to go back home, but before I do, I need you to tell me that you won't leave again. That you'll stay here with me and not leave me because it would be better for us both. Nothing could be better than this, Alex. I'm going to go tell Wyatt that right now, and I need you to tell me that you want this still. That you want me."

Alex's eyes were wide with many different emotions flashing through them.

"I- yes of course I do." He stood up immediately, removing his glasses and stepping towards me. His hands grabbed my waist and my own hands didn't fail to rise to his cheeks and cup them both. Our foreheads touched and we both smiled. I was filled with a child-like joy and I hadn't felt that way since our last kiss, even though I didn't want to admit it then.

Alex brought his lips closer to mine but before they touched I put a finger between them.

"We can't. Not until I tell Wyatt. I have too much respect for him to let anything else happen."

"Okay." He said.

"I'm still mad at you though." I said, ironically smiling.

"Why's that?" His smile was equally as large.

"Because you kissed me when I was in a vulnerable state. When I still had a boyfriend."

"And I would do it all over again. Do you know why, Spencer?" He raised a dark brow.

"Why?" I decided to humor him.

"Because, true to what you said, a love like ours is epic and it can never die. You'll always have a piece of my heart." His hands reached up to cup my cheeks, gently and lovingly, "You actually have the whole thing."

"Stop." I laughed, but in reality my heart did about eleventy thousand backflips. "I'll be back tomorrow and as soon as I am, I swear I'm all yours."

"That sounds like a fine plan to me, love."

With a kiss to the forehead and-what felt like-an everlasting hug, I left and started the long journey to my second home.

**

I'm so very sorry for the wait! And hopefully I'll be updating again in the next few days, it's just a matter of finishing the next chapter how I feel is right.

Thank you for the continuous support and love!! Keep commenting and voting! I love love love you even more-if that's even possible-for it.

And as always,

I love you to the moon & back!

-RayXx