Chapter 9

"What are you doing home, Spencer?" Wyatt asked as I walked through the door, Alex trailed behind me with my bags.

"I came to pack." I looked at him with sad eyes, my voice didn't even sound like I had energy anymore. It was just a soft whisper. "I'm moving down there for a few months."

"Wait, what? Why would you do that?" His eyes reflect confusion and hurt as he stood from the barstool.

"Kaitlin only has a few months. She has cancer and, Wyatt, I'll be damned if I let her die without me there."

"What about school?" His body slumped.

"I called the HR office and they said that as long as I keep up with my work, they'll have my professors email me packets." It was also convenient that Alex was one of my professors.

"What about- what about me?" He asked lastly. I was at a loss for words. I hadn't even thought about the fact that I'd be leaving Wyatt behind. "I'm going too." He announced, probably so that Alex would hear him from the other room. I guess he'd chosen to stay in my room after putting my bags away, to let Wyatt and I talk.

I smiled sadly and grabbed his warm shaking hands in mine and shook my head, "No, you're most definitely not. You are going to stay here and be captain of the lacrosse team and kick ass on your science finals. You're also going to watch my place and right when I get back, you're moving in, okay? Not like you don't already basically live here, but I still promise." A tear made a trail down my face as he finally smiled. "I'll call everyday."

"I love you." His forehead leaned against mine as he whispered it.

"I love you too."

*

I made my way out the door after I packed and Alex followed suit.

"Bye." I said as I walked to my car. "And thank you for- you know." He nodded and got inside of his suv.

As I drove away I noticed him still following me so I called him.

"Yes?"

"Why are you following me?" I asked, peaking in the rear view, again.

"You didn't actually think I'd let you drive back by yourself right?" My heart picked up pace effortlessly and it scared the hell out of me. "I love Kait too, Spencer. Maybe not as much as you do but she's a good friend. I'm staying in Malibu, especially now since you'll be alone. I don't mean that the way you think, I just mean that I don't want you to have to go through this without someone else who cares. I know you have your mom but I also know that your mom can be a little insensitive sometimes. So I don't care what you have to say about it, I'm staying with you."

"Thank you." And then, I hung up before I could let on how much of an emotional wreck I was.

**
Thank you for reading, I know it's short but bare with me please!

Oh and VOTE!!

I love you to the moon & back,

-Ray Xx