Chapter Thirteen

Chloe was having an out of body experience. With her head on Luke’s shoulder and a leg tossed over his, she was wrapped up in his arms, his chin on her forehead, the beat of his heart at her ear. She could barely tell where she ended and he began. She had no inclination to be dragged back to the here and now, more than happy to bask in the haze of pleasure, the aftermath of what had felt like so much more than great sex. It had been explosive, desperate, but also so divine.

She closed her eyes, it was too much and far too soon to analyse all that had happened. A grumble of hunger from Luke’s belly, magnified by the fact her ear was so close to it made her laugh. Lifting her head she looked down at him, his eyes were still closed, but a smile spread across his lips.

                “Hungry are we?”

He opened an eye, “for SO many things!”

She laughed, “well I did hear mention of steaks...”

                “Well, it it’s meat you want?” He suggested lewdly and was rewarded with a slap to the midriff.

Rolling slightly he brought himself over her, and dropped his lips onto hers, it was meant to be a little apology, but instantly the passion was reignited. After a few moments he lifted his lips, “if I don’t stop now we’ll never get dinner!”

She stretched provocatively, “I like mine medium rare!”

He grinned at her demand, “coming up!”

Chloe rolled onto her side and watched him climb out of bed. Moving to the right, he opened a door to his closet and pulled out a pair of training shorts sliding them on. Chloe groaned at his perfect bum disappeared under the sweats.

Snapping around he grinned, “Are you perving on me Chloe Palmer?”

Giving an angelic look she replied innocently, “who me?”

Laughing he made for the door, “I’ll get started. Help yourself to my wardrobe!”

It was so tempting to fall asleep, to drift off into the dream world where this handsome man was worshipping her, devouring her. But the smell of cooking steak soon wafted through her nostrils, and like a Bisto child, she was trapped.

Finding a t-shirt, she slipped it on, loving that it smelled of him. The house was empty bar them and the t-shirt hung to mid thigh so she felt brave enough to head downstairs with nothing else.

Luke was at home in the kitchen, a huge bowl of salad sat on the bench that spilt the kitchen from the dining area, along with a very cold bottle of wine and two goldfish bowl glasses. Seeing him at the stove wearing an apron made her giggle.

Glancing up he smiled, “I don’t want to burn my stomach! I don’t think naked cooking is going to take off as a trend!”

Chloe hitched herself onto a stool and watched him as he threw the two huge steaks onto the grill. When they sizzled loudly he grinned again, “Help yourself to wine.”

Reaching for the bottle she half filled two of the glasses with the straw coloured liquid then took a sip, murmuring in appreciation.

                “I’m aware it should be red with meat, but to be honest, there’s nothing nicer than ice cold white wine on a hot day like this.”

She nodded her appreciation as he came across the kitchen to take the glass she offered, sweeping down for a kiss first, his hand running over her naked thigh in a really primitive gesture, and an equally primitive moan left his throat as he encountered her bare buttocks.

                 “You’ll be the death of me!” He exclaimed pulling back, “you are making breathing a hard job here!” As if to prove his point he leaned in and she was rewarded with the sensation of his hard desperate excitement against her inner thigh.