Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Before the Incident…

            The room was dark, and the only source of light was that of a computer screen that had just been turned on. The loading screen displays the date:

December 14, 2212

10:50:47 PM

            A woman walks up to the chair in front of the computer and sits down. Not much can be said about her at the moment, because of the poor light, but she starts typing in her username and password. As the computer finishes loading, the lights are turned on, even though the switch is next to the door and across the room from the computer. The girl at the computer yells, “Marvin, what the hell! I told you not to come into my room!”

            She turns to face the man at the door, whose name is apparently Marvin and he appears to be a bit over six-feet tall with a strong build. Marvin retorts sarcastically, “Then shouldn’t you, I don’t know, lock the door? Also, Alex, you’re twenty-two, should you really be watching something so dirty at your age?”

            Alex, revealed by the lights to be standing at five-feet with a slim figure, and hair going to her waist, responds, “I was not,” she threw a stuffed animal at him, “and put some shorts on damn it!”

            “Not much of an argument with yours around your ankles. And I see your x-ray vision is active, so there.”

            Alex’s face turns flush from embarrassment which shortly turns into anger and yelled, “Get out!”  She then proceeds to throwing a handful of pens at Marvin, who partially defends against the pens using the stuffed animal from earlier.

            “Alright I’m going… just be ready early tomorrow, it is the grand opening of Power Outage after all.” Damn those pens hurt

            Alex calming down asks, “Which one is Power Outage?”

            “The new shopping complex that supposedly has a lot features designed for people with powers.”

            “Oh yeah, in that case, I’ll sleep as soon as I’m done with work,” she says while opening her word processor, typing up something and dragging images to the file.

            Marvin starts closing the door, “Good night then, and lay off the dirty videos, it’ll start affecting your health eventually.”

            “I told you I’m not doing that!” she says, throwing whatever pens were left over at Marvin, but the door shields him. At least, not yet anyway… She has a perverted grin on her face and turns off the lights.

            Ten censored minutes later, a voice coming from the bed says, “Keep it down, I’m trying to sleep.”

            Alex turns the chair to the bed and with a mean glare says, “Shut up Allen. Just go to sleep.”

            A cat, the source of the voice, comes out from under the sheets, saying, “It’s pretty hard to stay asleep with all the weird noises coming from you.”

            “…shut up…” Alex turns away from the chair.

            Allen chuckles and gets back under the sheets and whispers, “Buenas noches~”

            A clock points out that the time is around 11 PM and a man, about 5’11”, average build, and in sleeping clothes, slides a chair open in front of a desk and sits down. He proceeds by writing down in a small notebook, with the words: “From the Desk of Damian” on the header, things to remember for later and stuff like that. After doing so, he lies down on the couch next to the desk and turns on the TV.