Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – The Short Reunion

            Bang! A group of soldiers is shooting at a lone shooter hiding behind a low wall. Bang! A soldier in the main group goes down in. Bang! The lone shooter goes down, the wall shot to pieces and the shooter’s head bleeding. GAME OVER… Continue? 10… 9… 8…

            “Damn, I suck at this game…” Marvin said, taking off a visor and putting down his gun. (Yes, the entire scene above was just part of an arcade game.) Marvin puts his hands on the screen confirming ‘NO’. He checks his pocket and pulls out a cell phone. The phone has three bars out of ten. He calls Alex.

“Yeah, where are you? Which floor is that on? Ok, I’ll be there in a few minutes… wait, you’re heading where right after? Miscellaneous Goods, got it, I’m actually close I’ll be there in a bit. Okay bye.”

            He hangs up and starts texting Allen:

            Hey Allen, we’re meeting up @ Misc Goods on 2nd floor.

            Can’t busy

            Doing what!?!?!? UR a CAT!!!

            You don’t wanna know…

            Marvin has a disturbed look on his face.

            I’ll take your word for it… Txt/call when ur coming.

            K

The session ends and Marvin makes his way to the Miscellaneous Goods section. He thinks, How big is this mall anyway?

Over at the food court on the first floor at the same time at the start of the chapter,  a cashier is says, “And your total is $20.16.”

Carol is with Alex, who is checking her pockets, and Alex says, “Crap, Marvin has my MiseRings… umm do you accept all change?”

“Sorry, but credit or bills only. Company policy.”

“Hey, Carol can you cover this? I’ll pay you back later.”

Carol makes an annoyed sigh, “Fine, but only because my share is in there too.”

She hands $21.00 to the cashier.

The cashier says in a rehearsed tone, “Thank you, and have a nice day~”

The two girls leave with their food, Carol with a bag of food and Alex with the drinks on a tray. On the way to the second floor, Carol uses her Talk-to-the-Hand to call Damian, “Hey are you almost on your break? Good, we’ll be there in ten to fifteen minutes. Oh, umm… Alex is with me. The one we met at the entrance before the mob rush. Love you. Bye~”

After Carol hangs up, Alex’s Talk-to-the-Hand, an older and white colored model that doesn’t cover the index and middle fingers, so she has to put her thumb to her ear and answers through her pinky and ring fingers, “Hello? Hey, Marvin, you alright? I’m at the Food Court on the first floor. Actually, I’m just leaving the food court and heading to the miscellaneous goods section. Miscellaneous Goods. Okay, see ya in a few.”

“Who was that?” Carol asked

“My brother.”

“And he decides to call like over an hour AFTER the rush?”

“Can’t be helped, his phone is an antique, the same phone my grandparents had.”

“It still works?”