Blood

John and Alana returned to their flat, moaning and stretching in preparation for bed. Alana rubbed her eyes and went up behind John. She rested her head on his shoulders as he undressed in front of his wardrobe. John stopped to lean his head on hers. “You all right?”

Alana hummed a positive note and slipped her arms around his waist. “I’m sorry about tonight—thought we could ‘escape’ for a bit.”

“Well, hard to do so when you’re around someone like Sherlock.” John hung up his coat and began unbuttoning as he remembered what his friend had deducted to him earlier. Itching to know if it was true, John said coolly, “Um, before I left today, there was something you wanted to tell me about. Is now a good time?”

“Ooh, I don’t know,” Alana said through blushing as she rolled her head off his shoulder and dragged herself to her end of the room. She plopped down on the bed and then stretched out over it, her legs dangling off. “I don’t know if you’d like it.”

John dropped his arms and crawled over the bed until he was leaning over her, their faces upside down with one another. “Tell me, please!”

Reaching up just enough to nuzzle noses with him, Alana said quietly, “Well, I went to the doctor’s this morning. And,” Alana let a small gasp escape from her smile and a tear rolled down her cheek, “he says I’m pregnant.”

John collapsed onto the bed, his head landing on Alana’s shoulder. He let out a joyful whimper before his own eyes filled with tears. With his lips so close to her ears, he said in a trembling voice, “I can’t explain how happy I am right now.” He stroked her neck and gave her a light kiss just behind the ear. “I love you.”

“I love you, too, John Watson.” Alana turned over and cradled John’s face in her palms. She pressed her lips against his creating a soft, warm sensation through both of their bodies. Like she’d always done, she placed a hand behind his neck and pulled him closer. She let out a small noise and proceeded to kissing the warm spot on his jaw and then the tender muscles around his neck.  

John’s hands found her slender, petite neck and began kissing her passionately before their door opened and Sherlock came in, his hands covered in blood.

Jumping from one another, John shouted, “What do you want?”

“It’s Charlie. Can’t stop the bleeding.”

John looked once at Alana and then at Sherlock. “Did you pinch the bridge? Do you have ice and have him in a cool place with water?”

“Of course! It’s not stopping. Used one of Alana’s small,” Sherlock paused to scratch his head nervously before finishing in one breath, “lady paraphernalia. That stopped a bit, but it’s not stopping.” Sherlock’s eyes, for the first time, was pleading for John’s full assistance.

“Right, all right. Get towels, water, and call the emergency room—,”

“No! We can’t get him to the emergency room. He’ll infect everyone he’s gets in contact now,” Sherlock barked. “I’ve sterilized myself with the same chemicals used to protect Charlie—I made a mixture for you; wash with it.”

John gripped his hands and pierced Sherlock with angered eyes. “What were you doing?”

“Conducting an experiment—he agreed, of course! It was only when I got a sample of his blood did he start waterfalling from his nose!”

The doctor rushed passed Sherlock and headed for the kitchen where he could hear the hitched breath of Charlie. Thinking out loud, John said, “He’s got a weak artery in his nose—will be impossible to stop without getting him to the ER.  Bloody hell, Sherlock, you could kill him.” John entered the kitchen, dropping to his knees immediately when he saw Charlie – wan and dazed— sitting on the floor with his back against the cabinets.