chapter 1 ~high school reunion~

APRIL'S P.O.V

"why do I have to curl my hair Sophie!" I whined as she got near me with that death machine she used to curl her hair with "why?! what do you mean why?! I want you to look hot! now stay still!" she demanded getting closer to me "no! get away you beast!" you may be asking yourself why I'm making such a big deal out of curling my hair, well the reason is that I'm not really girly; and plus what if Sophie burned me with it! Sophie is my best friend, I met her around my first year in middle school and we've been best friends since... right now she was really pissed because we were going to our high school reunion and I didn't want to let her curl my hair so she started complaining that we were going to be late and I gave up knowing that if I didn't she would probably give me the silent treatment all night "now stay still!” she said as she began to curl my hair… oh god

After a while of pulling on my hair and debating which dress I was wearing I was finally ready, some light makeup black heels and a black strapless cocktail dress that hugged my curves nicely… Sophie was also wearing a black dress and black heels, we looked amazing…

After driving all the way to our old high school once we got out the car and walked into a school full of memories and people the song ‘new perspective’ by ‘panic at the disco’ was playing “umm hey there, sign in your names right over there with him and then come and get you sticker with your name” said a perky blond we did as she said and once we got our sticker with our name on it we went to the gym which was were the party was, once we walked through the doors everyone turned In our direction “umm Sophie are they all looking at you?” she nodded her head ‘no’ and turned to look at me “Hun there looking at you” she said as if it were the most obvious thing “what?! Why me?!” I whispered and before she could answer all of the popular girls who use to hate me came running towards me like if I were some Gucci shoes on sale “OMG! Long time no see…” one of the girls said trailing off while not knowing my name “her name is April” Sophie said in an annoyed tone she immediately turned looking at Sophie with a mean expression on her face “and I’m Scarlett who are you?” she asked blinking so fast I was getting dizzy just by looking at her, Sophie didn’t answer she just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest looking annoyed “fyi she’s my best friend” I said putting on a fake girly voice to imitate her (causing Sophie to laugh) which she  clearly didn’t get because she had a confused look on her face  “can’t we be friends” she asked in a baby voice like if I was a moron “how ‘bout no” I said retuning the baby voice and grabbing Sophie and walking in another direction

“what was that about?” I ask Sophie as I take a sip from my drink “dude your brother is the hot single guy all these loners want” of course! How could I forget Danny, he’s the ‘blue eyed hunk’ as the girls in high school use to say but the thing is he’s a player; he doesn’t have a heart for just one girl… he was actually supposed to be here tonight but he’s not because he was meeting up with some friend of his…

HOURS LATER…

Sophie and I just got to my house and to my surprise Danny was back early from seeing his friend, he was sitting on the couch very comfortable I could tell that once me and Sophie walked in he looked over at Sophie and smiled while his face lit up “enough of the hidden love, just admit it!” I said causing them both to glare in my direction “we’re not in love, we’re just re-bounds” Sophie said walking up the stairs and leaving me to be alone with my brother, I sat down on the couch and we heard something fall in the kitchen “what did you break now you retard” Danny said “who are you talking to?” I said so low I didn’t think he heard me “wait… I didn’t tell you?” Danny said with a worried face “tell me what?” I said and in that moment John walked out of the kitchen and into the living room “oh hey loser” I narrowed my eyes at John, and then sent a glare in Danny’s direction and got off the couch storming to my room…

SOPHIA’S P.O.V

I was lying down on April’s bed when she stormed into the room “wow, what happened?” “John! That’s what happened!” she screamed lying down on the bed “what do you mean?” I asked not understanding, was john here in the house? “He’s in the living room with Danny” she said rolling her eyes, well that answers my question…

April and I changed into our pj’s and went to bed, I wonder if John is sleeping here tonight… well if he is, tomorrow is going to be a long day….

DANNY’S P.O.V

Holly shit April is going to kill me considering I forgot to tell her John was back, I mean  yea some times they really hated each other but deep down they were friends… him being annoying is his way of showing her he cares, I just hope they don’t get into arguments tomorrow… I highly doubt that they won’t fight but a guy can dream, can’t he?

THE NEXT MORNING…

JOHN’S P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my door being thrown as whoever was in the room got out, I quickly got up and walked down the stairs and once I got to the living room I over heard April say “the moron is still asleep so I can have his bacon!” and I rushed into the kitchen “hell no! That bacon is mine!” I said getting my plate as she glared at me “whatever I’m going to work” she said getting a strip of bacon from my plate and running to her room “hey!” I yelled getting out of my chair and chasing her up the stairs, I ran into her room before she had the chance to close the door and once I was in the room she ran to the other side of the room like a scared little girl “come on please! Its just bacon!!!” she whined like a 3 year old “so?! I love bacon!” I said starting to walk closer to her “one more step and I eat it!” she said in a threatening tone… I put my hands up in surrender and she immediately had a smirk on her lips thinking she won, but she was clearly wrong “yay” she said jumping in happiness and I took the opportunity and ran towards her and tackled her to the ground making her scream and in that moment the strip of bacon flew out of her hand and out the window, we both got off the floor in one swift movement and ran to the window “noooooo!!!!!!” we both yelled as the bacon was now on the dirty floor “you!” I yelled pointing at her and she looked at me wide eyed “ahhhhh!!!!!!” she yelled running as fast as she could out of the room, I ran after her and once we were downstairs there was a note that said “off with Sophie to buy grocery’s –Danny” once I read it I ran towards her she fell to the floor while I started to tickle her and after her laughing and kicking me screaming “I’m gonna pee!!!” I decided to let go of her and now I was on top of her looking at her in the eyes she just smiled nervously and blushed slightly, I began to move forward and once my lips were only inches from hers the door opened “hey!! We’re back!!” Sophie yelled as she didn’t notice we were on the floor but apparently Danny did because he looked down at us with a huge grin “Danny were do you think they-“ she was cut off by looking over to us and copying the same stupid grin Danny had, I immediately got off her and we both stood up “did you bring more bacon?” she asked happy “umm yea” Danny said still with that grin “yay!!!!!” she said jumping up and down, I shook my head at her in amusement…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PICTURE OF APRIL ON THE SIDE-------------------->