Chapter 7: Discovering a Shocking Secret

Sorry for so many months away from this story... but I'm not able to post it as often as the ohters... Hope you enjoy this because a shocking secrest about Genesis's family is revealed...

***********************************

Recap chap 6:

Did I miss my friends? Did I have friends before I was locked up here? Did I have a boyfriend, or even a girlfriend? What if I was a lesbian or something and that is why my family locked me up in here, as some sort of way to shock me back into the straight world?

All of these questions weighed heavily on my mind, but not as heavily as my eye lids felt. I was tired, drained after such an emotional session, seeing this Simara got me ready for bed and tucked me in for the night. I was appreciative for everything she had done for me since I had been here. After only a few minutes my exhausted eyes closed by their own accord and I was off to rest.

For the first time in a very long time, I had a perfectly nightmare-less sleep.

***********************************

Chapter 7: Discovering the a Shocking Secret

I heard a muffled noise in the distance and I was immediately startled, I struggled against my body but managed to sit up on my own. It was dark, darker than usual and the silvery moonlight that filtered through the small barred window in my room cast ominous shadow throughout the darkness. I got out of bed with difficulty, feeling like my legs were jelly under the full weight of my body.

I staggered forward slowly, taking each step at a painstaking pace. I was unsteady on my feet, but not so unsteady that I was unable to maintain control. I approached my door and peered through the small window only to be met with complete darkness. I closed my eyes for a moment and then placed my hand on the cool doorknob. Just as I was about to turn it, I heard the distinct sound of a scream in the distance.

My head jerked up in surprise, and what I was met with struck unimaginable fear in my heart. Black eyes, so dark and sinister stared back at me with malice. I was frozen to the place I stood, my feet cemented to the floor. I panicked and did the only thing I could think of to rid myself of the image before me. I closed my eyes, welding them shut to prevent myself from having a heart attack from fear and anxiety.

Was this real, or another trick my mind was playing on me? After a few moments, I dug up the courage to open my eyes. They were gone, those menacing eyes that haunted me and struck fear in me so deeply. Again I heard a muffled scream and this time did not hesitate to open the door that held me captive. With quickened strides, I found myself wandering the halls in search of the pain-filled cries. I walked aimlessly for minutes, maybe longer until I stumbled upon a darkened corridor that was draped with plastic.

Where they remodeling this part of the asylum? I wasn't aware of such efforts being underway. I took a few hesitant steps after pushing the plastic sheet aside and entering the hall. I cringed as the plastic crinkled loudly with the movement. As I walked down the hall with clumsy steps, I surveyed the area, searching for any sign that this was indeed the direction of the cries for help. I trailed my fingers lightly against the cool wall in an attempt to guide me through the darkness as I walked down the hall. I stopped moving when my fingers grazed something wet along the wall.

I turned and stared at the wall, noticing some long streaks that trailed just above waist level on the wall. I brought my face closer but could only make out four faint traces of squiggly lines that went on for a few feet and then disappeared. I rubbed my fingers against the wet trails and brought them to my face. I studied them for a moment, turning my fingers in all directions and then rubbing them together to get a feel for the warm sticky substance. Just as I brought my hand closer to my face, a flash of lightning illuminated the sky and the hall as well.