Chapter 1: The Book of Genesis

Here is the next chapter & I hope you al enjoy it! More wil be revealed into the background of the story.

I know it is called The Book of Genesis, but it really isn't biblical so don't freak if you aren't the religios type.. Genesis is the main characters name =)

****************************************************

Chapter 1: The Book of Genesis

The book of Genesis says that the world was created in seven days and made up of all of God’s most wonderful creations, including man. But man was corrupt and was destroyed by flood, except for a lucky few people and creatures. The world went on to rebuild and yet again fell into corruption, where to this day it remains. Good and evil, walk side by side, neither victorious, and neither defeated.

My name is Genesis and I have my own book, it’s the book of reality versus insanity. In my book, I walk alone, yet I have two selves. One is the voice of what is true and real, while the other is the voice of what is concocted by my mind. Reality and insanity walk side by side, hand in hand in my book, and it is a constant struggle for who is right and who is crazy.

Only, no one can read my book because it isn’t written in stone or on parchment, not even on paper. It is written in my head, written in my dreams, visions and hallucinations. It is for all to look at yet no one sees. It is written on my face, which holds the secrets but never speaks them and in my grey eyes, which hold the horrors, yet never set them free.

I am bound by silence and immobility, to forever stay captive to the constant struggle of reality versus insanity. Someday, I hope to break free. Someday, I hope to claw my way out. But when that day will come, is anybody’s guess. As I sit, alone in my quiet room surrounded by stark white walls and meager, sterile accommodations, a war rages in my head.

It is an apocalypse, a chaotic bloodshed, an unimaginable fight to the death between my two selves, the one that is the real Genesis and the one that is a delusional catatonic freak. Currently, the delusional freak is winning. I may be crazy and not know reality from fantasy, or true events from contrived nightmares, but I am not schizophrenic and do not have multiple personalities.

There is only personality, one Genesis, she just has two sides, like the devil and angel that sit on your shoulder telling you right from wrong. My two sides tell me fact from fiction. But my two sides are clouded, mixed up and muddled at the present, which leads me to why I am here in this place, if this is where I truly am. I can’t say for certain, because I have no concept of actuality and fantasy. My mind has woven such an intricate web that it is nearly impossible for me to discern what is real and what is not.

Take this room for example. Are the white walls that are lightly padded and the squeaky, cot like bed that is uncomfortable really here? Or am I somewhere else entirely and only think I am here? Maybe I’m at home in my room, laying in my queen size canopy bed and staring at the deep purple walls. Am I wearing this light colored cotton pajama pants and button shirt, or am I wearing my favorite distressed jeans and black dragon tee shirt?

Who knows which is right and which is wrong? I know I sure as hell don’t. Am I sitting idly by, while my life passes before me, in a state of silence and immobility? Or do I walk, run, feed myself and get myself dressed on my own? I don’t remember the last time I did anything for myself except for thinking and using the bathroom.

Of course, they put me in the bathroom and remove my clothes and set me on the toilet and my body naturally does the rest. It’s not like I wet myself or wear adult diapers because I can control my bodily functions. I just can’t get myself to where I need to go. I just can’t get the motivation to do anything on my own. My body refuses to work for me.