Chapter 5: Family Issues

Sorry it's took so long... please read, vote & comment.

I hope you enjoy =D

************************************

Chapter 5: Family Issues

I sat in my room gently rocking back and forth as was customary for me. Adrien dropped me off after his argument with Dr. Malcolm and stated that he would be back for me when it was time for my session. I was tired, unbelievably tired. Tired of feeling things I didn’t understand and tired of seeing things that may or may not be there. Why do I have to be so freaking crazy?

I wish, for just once that my mind was completely clear, that I remembered and understood everything. I could finally be happy and free. I wasn’t going to hold out hope though, because I knew that day would never come. Because when I do remember, I have a feeling that no good will arise from it. I wanted to know what I had done, or what had been done to me to put me in this dreary and miserable place, but at the same time it was the one thing I never wanted to comprehend.

If I was truly insane and all of these visions were not just visions but cruel glimpses into my reality, then it was truly horrifying. If it was all some sort of mind fuck, then it really isn’t that much better because it means I’m definitely messed up and will probably never leave the hollowed walls of this asylum. As sad as it is to consider, I’m not so sure that I want to meet my reality or insanity, whatever the case may be.

If only I could be happy here, living in the solitude of my mind and trapped in a body that refuses to respond to my demands, but as hard as I force myself into some semblance of acceptance, my mind fights against it.

“Genesis?” A sweet female voice questioned and I wanted to face them in response but I can’t so I stared blankly ahead. I recognized the voice. It was Simara the nurse who looked after me quite frequently.

I heard her soft footfalls as she slowly approached me. She was always sweet and kind to me, just like Adrien and Dr. M were. They were the only friends I had here, if you could call it that. But I trusted and relied on them, so I guess I had no choice but to consider them that way. I felt the bed shift and sensed that she had perched herself beside me. She laid a hand on my shoulder then turned my head to face her. Her soft brown hair was held out of her face in a ponytail and her brown eyes shimmered with curiosity.

“Here are your meds Genesis.” She stated and opened my mouth with one hand while placing the pills on my tongue with the other. She closed my lips around a glass and tipped it back until the liquid filled the back of my throat.

I swallowed automatically, thank god for that reaction. If not, I would have drowned. After I swallowed, we began our customary conversation. It was like any normal friendly one, with talk of how the day was going and what was new in life, except I never had a response. This must have been incredibly un-gratifying and I wondered why she bothered spending this time with me at all.

“I don’t know what happened with you and Adrien but he looked pretty upset and Dr. Malcolm seemed pissed.” Simara commented while searching my face for something, anything that would tip her off. Much to her dismay, or so it seemed, she found nothing.

“I don’t know why those two even bother trying to be in the same room. Clearly they dislike each other. But what I don’t understand, is why Dr. Malcolm would get him a job here if he hates him.” She ruminated, perplexed.

It was a very good question. From what little I heard of their conversation, they knew each other personally, too personally to be casual acquaintances and the fact that they seemed to hold some secret over one another piqued my interest. Damn my lips for not being able to move. I wanted to know more about Adrien and Dr. M. They were both so mysterious, but in completely different ways.