Chapter 11: Epilogue

{Once again I have changed the cover for this story. I thought that it needed something more happy, because despite all of my cliffhangers and my lovely twists, it's always been about how love finds a way. Therefore, I wanted my cover to portray that feeling. That despite all odds, people still find love}

I know you're not a liar,
And I know you could set fire,
This day,
Go ahead and make me look away

- Implicit Demand for Proof, Twenty One Pilots

c h a p t e r  1 1  :  n i c o

Everyone was anxious to be able to receive their award. After all, it was practically a wish that could come true. Except they had to use it wisely. Nico was aware that his wish was far too over the edge, but it was the only was to achieve Will. Honestly, he wasn't even guaranteed a definite "yes" but there wasn't a person stopping him. He had no other plan if he was denied his request. Will Solace had captured his heart, and he wanted to capture Will's as well.

All of the six demigods gathered up in Percy's new car provided by his mother. It was a minivan, and Jason made sure to tease him unconditionally about it. Annabeth slipped into the seat across from Percy, Piper and Jason in the middle, and Nico was scrunched between his sister and her boyfriend in the back. He complained practically the whole time, muttering low in Italian. They refused to acknowledge his existence.

Abruptly, "Fancy" started blaring through the speakers. He noticed Annabeth and Percy bickering over the stereo when Jason started hollering, "YOU ALREADY KNOW! I'M IN THE FAST LANE, FROM LA TO TOYKO!"

Piper was laughing historically while Percy joined in, followed by Annabeth and everyone excluding Nico. They're song bellowed through the car while Nico shifted in annoyance. He pretended to despise the song when they all noticed his discomfort they finished the chorus then waved their hands for Nico to continue the verse. He sighed and screeched the rap,

"I said, "Baby, I do this, I thought that you knew this."
Can't stand no haters and honest, the truth is
And my flow retarded, they speak it depart it
Swagger on super, I can't shop at no department
Better get my money on time, if they not money, decline
And swear I meant that there so much that they give that line a rewind
So get my money on time, if they not money, decline
I just can't worry 'bout no haters, gotta stay on my grind
Now tell me, who that, who that? That do that, do that?
Put that paper over all, I thought you knew that, knew that
I be the I-G-G-Y, put my name in bold
I been working, I'm up in here with some change to throw."

Everyone's mouths were agape, as the song continued they didn't bother singing along. "Percy!" Annabeth lunged for the steering wheel the shift them back onto the road. They all released a breath they didn't know they were holding.

"Well, Nico Di Angelo. You are destined to be the new aight." Jason chuckled, the rest of the crew following in his footsteps. Nico began to smile. Maybe having friends wasn't so bad after all.

>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<

"Please step forward young demigods," Zeus requested as they all placed another step in front of them. "I understand that you all have aided in the destruction of Gaea, along with the help of your god parent. We understand that Leo Valdez and Will Solace could not attend because of their recent loss. We admire their bravery and have created stars in the heavens for their bravery and dignity. Because of your courage and skill we'd like to present gifts to you at your request. Unfortunately due to Hades rules I cannot bring any of your friends back, although I can give you peace with your loss. I'd like to start with Percy Jackson."