Chapter 7

{ What do you guys think about the new cover? I tried really hard so I hope you guys like it :) }

No, it's better to face these kinds of things,
With a sense of poise and rationality.

- I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Panic! At the Disco

c h a p t e r 7 : n i c o

The only thing Nico now desired was clarification. Will Solace was no longer the main topic lingering across his mind all jumbled with various questions. Aphrodite continued to intervene with his attempt at a love life. She was summoning dreams just to ascend his hopes then shatter them in an instant. Nico wasn't going to allow it, not this time. That's why he had to keep running, chasing a lost hope.

It was decided. Nico would depart from Hades Palace the next day with Jules-Albert and venture across the country. Racing, dashing, bolting from his predicaments. The boy was already broken, he didn't need more junk to add to his pile. Possibly he would visit Hazel and Reyna. They'd persuade him to attend Camp Half-Blood once more, but he knew it was destined. His life wasn't meant for love. Nico didn't even love Will, he just..... missed him.

Nico was stashing an assortment of clothes from his chamber into a duffle bag when Persephone intruded. Her hair was pinned in a neat bun while a cream dress lined with a brown braided belt secured her dress. She was toying with small lily, her small quirk she tends to do when she's nervous or simply off. Nico glimpsed at his stepmother but ignored her twiddling and zipped the duffle bag. He draped the handle around his shoulder. A sudden weak feeling possessed him, yet he stiffened for his stance to remain upright.

"Nico," Persephone started, "have safe travels. Perhaps I can't change your mind about leaving for Camp Half-Blood but I can bless your adventure. I hope you find what you're looking for. Whether it be here, New Rome, Camp Half-Blood/Jupiter. I'll miss you." she embraced the young child of Hades and forced a small grin.

Nico didn't respond but waved his hands in numerous gestures. Within seconds dark clouds gathered around his feet, but sweat beads of sweat progressed down his brow promptly. Worry laced his stepmother's eyes ,yet he was committed to continue. After several failed attempts at morphing the shadows around him he managed to only increase his weakness. Nothing like this had ever been conjured from his mysterious powers before, especially with Reyna and Coach Hedge. Clearly he always pressed his limits, but this was nothing compared to what he's ever summoned.

Despite his bickering with he darkness, Persephone suggested he simply "walk". Nico grudgingly agreed, then released himself from the shadows. The son of Hades shuffled from his chambers to stumble into his father. Hades eyes furrowed as he witnessed Persephone scurry from the Prince chambers into the throne room. "Nico, before you depart. I'd like a word." instead of pausing for Nico's deny, he steered the young boy towards Persephone's private gardens. The only place that could receive life in the Underworld. Hades had created it just for her.

"If this is about Aphrodite, I'm sorry for declining her request. I'm not positive what you may have sacrificed to earn me happiness, but I swear I don't need it. I'll be fine." the words of encouragement dissolved in Hades mind.

"That's not what I was going to say." Hades grumbled as father and son strolled through the assortment of flowers.

"Oh... what then?" Nico caught himself nibbling the bottom of his lip between his teeth. Never did his father confront him about many things, especially personal incidents. Hades always favored Nico's sister causing the only connection between the two. Otherwise they always kept aloof from one another. His father never beckoned for him for just a visit, Nico simply showed up with desired.