Dinner Party

Isabella's P.O.V

I unpacked my clothes and my few special belongings and as I was putting some things onto the shelf the door buzzer round. "Hi Chelle, Ryan. I'll just go and get Isabella," I heard Carla say. Carla the popped her heads round my door, "they're here now if you want to come and say hi?"
"Yeah, coming."
I got off my bed and went out to the lounge. "Heya Isabella, how are you?" Michelle asked.
"I'm great, how are you?"
"Good good," she replied.
I then turned to Carla, "Carla, where's Paul?"
She didn't respond to me. "Carla?"
"Truthfully I really don't know."
"Um, okay."

Liam arrived about 10 minutes later but there was still no sign of Paul. We all sat down around the table and we started eating. There was a constant flow of conversation around the table but I didn't feel confident enough to say much. I felt increasingly awkward when the conversation turned to me. "So Isabella, how's your first day here been?" Liam asked.
"Ermm yeah okay. Yeah it's been good," I replied.
"Glad to hear it. Carla treating you good?"
"Yeah, of course."
"Liam, stop pestering her," Carla said.
The conversation continued to flow until the door opened. Paul walked in. "Paul? Where the hell have you been?" Carla asked forcefully.
"I'll discuss with you later, in private," Paul replied calmly.
Paul came and sat down between me and Michelle for the rest of the evening but the conversation was no longer easy. It felt very awkward between everyone now.

As it reached 10:00 pm I excused myself and went to bed. I found where I had put my pyjamas and got into my bed. About 15 minutes later Carla came in to say good night. After that I drifted off to sleep.