Prologue

Two days before...

Kaitlyn Rowe stood at the entrance of the main alleyway, which would get her home faster than the main road. She decided to take it and plugged in her headphones as she entered it. As she rounded the first bend she heard shouting nearby, even over her headphone music. Wow, they're loud she muttered, continuing down the alley.

Round the second bend though, she found the fight. Two men in suits were having a fists fight in the alley ahead of her against a gardens fence. She heard a crack as the taller, fitter one of the two men hit his clenched fist into the other man's nose. The man groaned and fell back against the fence, holding his nose.

"I'll get you the money, Boseili, si, you have my word." The man's voice held what she presumed was an italian accent.

The other man swept his hand over his belt and withdrew a gun, flipping off the safetly and lifting it slowly. The man on the floor began frantically waving his hands and Kaitlyn froze to the spot, unable to move.

"Per favore, Boseili. You have my word!"

The man said nothing as he pulled the trigger, a bullet shooting straight between the man's eyes. He jolted violently but laid stil, his arms flopping by his side.

Kaitlyn gasped uncontrollably and covered her mouth with her hand quickly. Lorenzo Boseili, the taller man, flashed his eyes to her. They were cold and evil, emotionless.

"Shít." Kaitlyn cursed and turned round, sprinting back down the alley.

Urgent footsteps instantly sounded behind her, along with a fierce, Italian voice. "Puttana!" He roared, racing after her. She threw herself into the main road, narrowly avoiding cars as she took down a second alley. The footsteps no longer sounded. She fought with her screaming lungs as she carried on running to her apartment, slamming the door behind her.