Chapter Two

Kaitlyn Rowe

Normal people knock normally on doors. Yeah, okay. Usually there is a system to their knocking but it's polite. Firm but not rude.

So why the bloody hell was, whoever at my door, breaking my door down with each knock.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

"Come on, blondie, I know you're in there. You were talking out loud. Kinda creepy." Gorilla-knock said gently although there was a strain to his voice.

Crap. He was pissed, probably at me. Who could blame me for not opening the door for thunder-knocks? He sounded like a raging bull.

I know that voice.

How does he know what colour hair I have?

"Okay, okay! I'm coming." I called before he punched a hole through my door. I sprung to my feet and grabbed the door handle, tugging the door open quickly.

I screamed as my face met firmly with Gorilla-knock's fist and I fell backwards with a thud! I strained to keep my eyes open but all I saw was blur until I finally saw black and fell unconscious.

* *

I groaned at the pain in my head and wheezed my eyes open. It took me a few moments for my eyes to focus and take in my surroundings.

I was on a plane. A plane. Not one of those horrible commercial ones with the uncomfortable seats though. A private, quiet plane. Although the seat was still uncomfortable as I wriggled. My body only sliding a little. I frowned and looked down. Ropes. Are you kidding me?

Even with the ropes constricting me I managed to observe my situation.

A rope tightly tied my waist to the chair, another holding my ankles painfully together. There were also two ropes on each of my arms at my bent elbows and my wrists, holding them to the chair too. Yep. I'm stuck. And alone.

"Hello, dolce cuore."

Okay, maybe I'm not alone.

It's that voice again.

I spun my head around to the side, away from the voice as far as I could. Which wasn't very far. Damn ropes.

Mysterious voice moved around me and sat in the seat opposite the one I was tied into, clearing his throat. That alone yelled authority loud and clear and my eyes obeyed, moving to him. As he sat he straightened his already-flawlessly-perfect tux and pushed his hair out of his face. He must've been in his mid-twenties, I decided as I serveyed his appearance visually...

Perfectly etched cheekbones. Marble-carved lips. Tight torso. Strong biceps...

Fùck. How did he find me?

"...but I am sure we can break a deal, si?"

"What?"

Instantly his features became more fierce and he stood. He could capture the attention of a whole town without raising his voice.

"Ascolta, caro. You're lucky I didn't shoot you dead two days ago. At least if I had I wouldn't be wasting my fuc-"

"Your breath stinks." I hissed out. Obviously, I didn't know if this was true or not but anything to distract this guy. I need to untie my ropes.