Chapter 9 - The Quiet Game

We've been quiet for days now.

To not bother the boys, the other two girls and I decided to play the Quiet Game. We started playing about two days ago, and not one of us has given out. Maybe its because there's nothing to say. Maybe its because we have too much to think of, maybe it's not either of them. 

Gabe and James have been a bit too quiet. They've been talking about some man named "Danny," and I find it suspicious. I wonder if he'll get us out of here, I wonder if he won't. Jennel told me  that the school is being re-constructed two days ago. It makes me upset, which is odd. If it was any other day, I would have cared less. Maybe it's because I didn't get a last glance of my building - the on I've been going to for more than three years. Carly says she misses it like she misses her parents. I don't believe her for a second, but then I look into her eyes. A tear has escaped.

What about Danny? How much do you think he'll give us? Gabe asks, and right away I can tell he's talking about money.

James glances at the three of us, sitting with our mouth's closed.  How much do you think they're worth? What? Were they .. dare I say it .. selling us? That's who Danny was. He was going to buy us. He was a terrible person. I could tell. What if I didn't want to be sold? I rather be here than be sold! I won't let you! I'm not a little toy, I am a person. I have feelings. I am breathing. You won't ship me to somewhere else! I won't. You can tell Danny that he can take you two to the police! Carly, Jennel, and I are in here because of you two. Isn't that enough? You've taken us from our loved ones, and you don't think that's a punishment? James and Gabe just laughed. The three of us girls just stay quiet. Well, I know who lost at the Quiet Game.