Mistletoe

It's been four weeks and not once have I spoken to Samm. I ignored her in the halls and she didn't try and speak to me anymore. Liza and Annabell still acted like A-class bitches to her but they were starting to calm down with that. 

Mom was now seven months pregnant and crabbier than ever. Greg and I had to walk on egg shells around her, hoping that she wouldn't blow up on us for the littlest of thing. With the baby due in just months I started decorating the nursery with the help of Nicole and Natalie. It was like hell. They were perfect for each other and always nagging at me. It didn't help that Nicole was also pregnant and always taking breaks to piss.

Dad had finally came to terms about mom dating Greg and also started dating again. He was not dating a vet named Amanda who always came around the house. She sweet and perfect for my dad, I was happy that he was moving on from my mom. Dad had also been pissed about me getting tattoos with out his consent but he calmed down and just said to warn him about the next one I'll be getting.

Andy and I were great. Things had calmed down since Thanksgiving and he actually texted Star. I was glad that they had formed a relationship but I was still angry about Star not telling me what she had told Andy. Not even Andy would tell me. No matter how hard I pried or begged, neither would tell me a thing. I finally said screw it and gave up on the whole matter.

Jinxx and I spoke about what happened between Andy and Samm and once he realized that nothing had happened, he relaxed and apologized for hitting Andy. It was a sweet moment. Until I found out that he had broken up with Samm. We may not be on the best of terms but I knew that Samm wasn't going through the greatest moment. Having both her best friend and boyfriend dump her? She must be in a dark spot.

And that is what drove me to walk up to Samm on the last day of school before Winter break and say,

"How are you?"

She looked up in shock and I held back the urge to flinch. She looked horrible. Her usually silky blonde hair was oily and put into a high bun. There were dark bags under her eyes and her skin seemed paler than usual. She just screamed depression.

"I-I'm fine." She stuttered, looking around. She was probably waiting for Liza and Annabell to jump out and start harrassing her.

"You don't look fine," I said. She once again looked around and I sighed. "It's just me. Liza isn't going to jump out and start hitting you." I tried to joke.

"Why are you talking to me? I kissed your boyfriend." She whispered.

"You're still my sort-of friend. Jinxx told me what happened and I just wanted to make sure you were okay. A lot happened last month."

Tears pooled in her eyes, "Morgan, I am so sorry. I was't thinking and I feel terrible about the whole thing."

"I wish I could say it's fine but it isn't. You kissed Andy and like I said before, it's unforgivable. But, I'm willing to work on this if you are. You're still the Samm I grew up with. Things wont be the same but it's better than nothing." I said.

"You shouldn't forgive me." She said, tears falling down her cheeks. By now the hallway was empty and we were the only ones left. I hadn't heard the bell ring for class to start. 

"Time to forgive and forget," I stated, nodding my head. "Now let's ditch this place and get you in the shower. You look like you laid in bed all month."

She let out a raspy laugh before following me to the car. Just before we stepped in, she turned around hugged me tightly. I stiffened for a second before hugging her back.

"Thank you so much." She whispered.

.....

In five days it was going to be Andy's twenty first birthday and I was rushing to find a gift. I had no idea what to get him. He already had all of the Batman toys (he was such a kid) and his favorite things. One thing I hated about Andy is that once he sees something that he likes, he buys it. No hold back, just buy it. So what was I supposed to get him? He already had everything he wanted.