Gloomy Days

I had this saying that I would constantly recite:

Wake up with the sun and have a day full of colors, wake up with the clouds and have a day full of grey.

And yes, I understand that it is a little depressing but I think that it is one of the truest things ever. Most days I would wake up and the sun would be shining through the pale blinds, but other days I would be unpleasantly surprised with multiple gloomy clouds. On those cloudy days I would usually have a very unproductive day and be quite sad. Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love rain (for more reasons than aesthetic purpose) and those days where it rained made me ecstatic, but some days it would only be grey. No cooling rain, no rolling thunderstorms, just clouds. Nothing would cheer me up, not even my boyfriend.

It was one of those days, where the sky was covered in an unhappy grey and there was no joyful colors. There was no light that seeped through the windows and no blinding sun that casted shadows across my lover's face. Just an smoky sky.

----------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open to be faced with my boyfriends soft chocolate hair and sleepy face. His small quite snores made me smile, but that happiness went away as soon as I looked out the window. The sky was covered in a bleak grey color. Ugh really? I thought.

I groaned maybe a little to loudly and my little spoon woke up.

"Good morning Con," he said drowsily

"Good morning Troye," I whispered sadly.

"What's wrong babe?" Troye sat up as soon as he saw my somber face.

"The sky, it's grey and depressing,"
I sulked.

"Is this about your weird saying again?"

"Its not weird! Its true!"

"Do you need some cheering up?"

"I doubt anything will help"

"We'll see about that," Troye said as he hugged me tightly into his warm body.

Troye peppered kisses all over my face. On my nose, on my cheek, on my chin, on my small scar on my forehead, on my eyelids, on my jaw, on my forehead, and on my temple.

"Are you better now?" He asked sweetly.

"No."

"Baby smile for me, please?" Troye whispered.

I gave him my a huge fake smile and put my hands under my chin. "Here ya go!" I said sarcastically. Troye groaned and threw his hands on his head. A minute later he lifted his head and smiled mischievously.

"Troye... what are you doing?" I asked cautiously.

Troye smiled a toothy smile and reached out and tickled me. He knew it was my weakness.

"T-troye, stop!" I shrieked while trying to catch my breath. He tickled me until I finally used my strength to push him off the bed. He landed on the soft cotton carpet with a loud 'plunk'. I started cracking up, holding my sides as I laughed my head off at my clumsy boyfriend. He peaked over the bed and broke out into a smile when he saw me giggling like a child.

Now that I thought about it I realized how much he cared for me. He was always managed to amuse me even when I was in my darkest days. He was constantly picking up my messes and making sure I was safe. I was so grateful for him. Though it had only been a month and a half, I knew for a fact I loved him. We hadn't said it yet but it was so obvious. The way we looked at each other, the way we would go out of our way to make the other happy, the way we would watch documentaries on the couch and cuddle up together, it was love. And there was no way in denying that.

"Con?" Troye said while he shook me.

I glanced at his bright blue eyes, I looked at his plump pink lips, My eyes drank in his body and I said it.

"Troye Sivan Mellet, I love you."

He stared at me before saying three words that I would never forget.

"I love you too."

My heart skipped a beat. He said it back.

"You do?"

"Connor, I love you more than the sun loves the sky, more than the ocean loves the sand, and more than a mother loves her child. Nothing will change that."

I smiled at him before capturing his lips in mine softly. I giggled into the kiss and pulled away as quick as I pulled in.

"God, I love you so much," he whispered to me quietly.

And then the unthinkable happened. The sun came out.

Sunlight poured through the windows. The room lit up with a warm glow.  It was as if saying I love you changed Mother Nature's mind. I was thrilled, and so was my boyfriend.

We looked at each other grinning like crazy. Troye grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

"Troye! I'm in my underwear!" I whisper screamed at him as he shoved me onto the porch.

"And so am I, but you don't seem to have a problem with that, right?"

I felt my cheeks turn red as he pulled me into a hug.

"If I hold you tight enough no one will see us almost fully naked, yeah?"

"Yeah."

A/N: There is a whole lot of dialogue in this but whatever. I am super proud of this one, It took me a while to write so I hope you enjoyed it! Comment or send me prompts for oneshots if you have any ideas!