Expectations

The last few chapters have been slow, and sorry to inform you that there won't be any action until about chapter 6 or 7. But it's getting there. Bear with me here guys.

So without further ado,

Chapter 3:

--------------------------------------------

"Expectation is the root of all heartache." -William Shakespeare

--------------------------------------------

"Tasha?"

Clint knocked on the door even though it was open. There was no answer. Clint walked in to see Natasha sitting on the bed hugging her knees.

"Tasha I didn't mean to push you past your comfort zone.."

But she cut him off before he could finish. "No Clint it's alright."

Clint sighed.

"I just thought Maybe talking about it could help you know?"

She nodded and he bit his lip in frustration. Slowly he walked over and sat next to her putting an arm safely around her shoulder, protecting her.

"If you have them again you know my doors always open."

She tried to listen to what Clint was saying but Those words he whispered to her last night kept echoing through Her mind.

She nodded and pushed closer to him.

"The dreams... They're like youre compromised again. You're attacking me again. The Hulks attacking me again. I'm back with Ivan in the Red Room. It never ends" she said just above a whisper.

He kisses the top of her head. Those events frightened him as much as they did her. He shivered at just the thought of the terrifying things that ran through his mind while under Loki's control.

"There's no need to be afraid. I'm here for you. I can keep you safe."

There it is again.

Natasha snapped her head up and looked at him with pain in her eyes, she smiled slightly though. Knowing he meant it.

"I know Clint you've said that twice already" she laughed.

He smiled looking down at her then questionably raised his eyebrows.

"Really now?" He said.

"Because last time I checked you've only heard me say that once." He smirked.

Realization dawned on her.

The first time he said that he had thought she was asleep, when she really wasn't.

He laughed at her expression and kissed her on the forehead, a little too long for it to be a friendly, protective kiss.

Her eyes widened when she began to think that maybe there was hope for a... Them.

Nah that cant be. She would never expect for clint to view her as anything more than a partner.

She shook her head to try and rid it of these thoughts that wrapped around her mind.

She got up and grabbed her 6 inch heels by the door and looked over her shoulder at Clint.

"I'm going to get coffee." She stated before walking in her room to change.

Clint just smirked, he could tell she was awake last night and heard everything. His smile turned to a frown.

She heard everything.

She had come back minutes later in the usual black dress that accented her curves perfectly.

Clint lowly whistled at her.

"Got a hot date, or you just dressing to impress me?" He asked winking.

she laughed and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Well, you coming or not? Everyone knows you get all pissy in the morning if you don't have coffee." She laughed and walked out shutting the door behind her.