Trust.

Im sorry if Natasha's a little out of character. Its my first story and I'm trying my best but by all means please leave feedback, suggestions, anything. id love to hear you guys's opinions! so yea I'm just trying to play around with clint and Natasha's close relationship right now. hope you guys like it. so heres the second chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2:

--------------------------------------------

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved." -George MacDonald

--------------------------------------------

She awoke to Clint's soft snoring and chuckled to herself before shaking him awake and stretching.

"Morning hawky" she laughed slightly.

He replied in his morning voice "sleep okay Nat?"

She nodded before walking to the bathroom and turning the shower on. What she really wanted to say was "only because you were here" but she had to stay guarded.

Meanwhile Clint had traveled to the kitchen to make Natasha a small breakfast, something they usually did for each other as a friendly gesture. Just like when Clint gives Tasha those back massages after a hard day at work. But lately they weren't needed for they were on release from work for a while, since them saving the earth and all. He still gave them though... They secretly showed his affection towards her.

He shook his head to rid these thoughts from his mind. Natasha wasn't the type to love or even announce her feelings towards anyone. Not even Clint. After all "love is for children."

But what Clint didnt know is that Natasha was debating with herself whether her famous "love is for children" line was actually correct. She'd never felt this way for anyone let alone Clint. It just wasn't in her nature. She was an assassin. A trained assassin that was meant to kill not fall in love with her best friend. But then it hit her like the cold water in the shower. She realized,

She did.

Both if them did.

But neither of them knew it.

Natasha hopped out of the shower and put one of Clint's robes on and walked out to the kitchen where she could smell her favorite breakfast cooking.

Bacon.

Walking behind Clint she placed her head on top of his shoulder.

"Did you?"

Clint looked over his shoulder.

"Did I what?" He asked.

"Did you sleep alright?" Clint hesitated before answering.

Natasha's eyebrows furrowed.

"Clint what's wrong?"

Clint shook his head and smirked.

"what makes you think something's wrong?" He laughed.

"Well you never answered me" she said while lifting her head up off his shoulder and brought her hands up to his shoulders massaging them.

"Well I slept perfectly fine. Possibly the best sleep I've had in a... While" he said shivering under her touch, unwinding the knots in his shoulders.

She smirked behind him. "Well you and I both. Thanks for staying last night... It meant a lot..."

Clint stopped the hands on his shoulders holding them and turned around. He looked her up and down and smirked playfully until looking up into her emerald eyes that made him oh so weak.

"well nice outfit tash."

She tried to hide a blush realizing she was in his robe still. "crap" she thought.

He might have seen her blush.

She tried to play it off.

"Do NOT show weakness Natasha." She replayed, in her mind.

She turned and sat at the table set with her plate. Feeling the heat flee from her cheeks she started to eat. Did she really see the flicker of weakness flash across his eyes? Or were her own deceiving her? She shoveled her eggs into her mouth as Clint sat down looking over at her, debating whether or not to say what was on his mind.

Before noticing it he blurted out "what were they about." Nat looked confusingly at him. "The dreams." He finished, looking down...not expecting an answer, but bracing himself for a good slap he might receive for pushing her too far.

Natasha stopped mid chew and dropped her fork.

She swallowed dryly and looked up at him.

Trust.

She trusted him.

You trust him with your own life, she reminded herself.

There was an uncomfortable silence that spread across the room.

Trust trust trust.

"You" she quickly said with the slightest hint of desperation in her voice, and rushed her plate to the sink before exiting to her bedroom.

Clint was shocked. Was she telling the truth?

Did he cross the line?

Probably.

Or she wouldn't have left the room.

He sighed and walked to her room.

Too far Clint. He thought in the back of his mind.

Too far.