Trying Something New

Hello my lovelies ^__^ 

I am dedicating this chapter to my ten thousandth reader lucky13_93, thank you for getting me into the two digit range, I owe you my life ; D But more importantly thank you for being a fan of my work and leaving the sweetest comments. And I mean this when I say this, your work and writing inspires me so much that I really hope that I can write as great as you can. So thank you for being one of my inspirations

NOW! You guys go fan this girl and read her story Autumn Leaves, it is one of my all time favorite stories and I can honestly tell you that you will not regret it. The only regret you can have is not reading it : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ristuccia Arena—9:42 AM 

Walking inside the arena I hurried to make it to the rink. I was already more than half an hour late. Finally making it to the rink, I sat down on the bench and changed into my skates. 

“AT LAST!! Miss. Hotsy Totsy arrives!” Shawn yelled as he and the guys were stretching out on center ice.

After finishing up, I skated over to Julien whom was looking through our playbook. 

“Sorry for running late.” 

Julien shrugged his shoulders, “It wasn’t your fault. You blew out a tire and had to wait for AAA to come.” 

Yeah I lied but it was better than saying that I had overslept. 

“I know, but still I’m sorry for the tardiness.” 

“Oh you don’t need to apologize besides Segs came in about twenty minutes ago. But I let it slide since it was his birthday yesterday.” 

I nodded my head “Okay. So what’s going on during this practice?” 

“Today I want to focus on their net drives and help prep Rask for clearing rebounds.” 

“Is Tuukka the starting goalie for tomorrow’s game?” 

“Yes he will be.”

“Excellent. I’ll be over by the bench if you need me.” 

As I was about to make my way towards the bench Julien interjected “Actually today I need you to help with practice. Jarvis and I will be running through a few defensive plays on the other half of the ice and I need you to help with the net drive portion of practice with the forwards on this half.” 

“So what do I have to do?” 

Julien placed a hand on my shoulder, “It’s simple. Just slap pucks at Rask and the forwards will recover them and shoot them at Rask.” 

“Aw I have to hit Rask with pucks? But he’s my buddy.”

Julien laughed and escorted me over to where I would be practicing with the boys, “You got to subside your emotions in the game of hockey Jess.” 

“Consider my emotions turned off coach.” 

Julien patted me on the back before skating away. I walked over to the net and grabbed the bucket of pucks before resuming my position back at the blue line. Right as I was about to set up I saw a hand grab the bucket of pucks, turning around I saw it was none other than Brad Marchand. 

He spilled out the entire bucket causing the dozens and dozens of pucks to spread out all across center ice. 

“Now why did you do that?” I asked.