↳ THREE

CHAPTER THREE:

IN SOKOVIA, AGAIN

"We're going to Sokovia, Valentina." I looked up from the computer I was on to watch Captain America sit down beside me. It had been two months since I had been rescued from Sokovia and from Doctor Strucker. While at Stark tower, Natasha had informed me what had been happening since my kidnapping and easing me back into society.

Not as a trained killer, though. I thought to myself. More like a superhero... like them.

"Does that 'we' mean I'm allowed to come on this mission?" I jumped from my spot and closer to Steve. Steve froze at my sudden movement. I rolled my eyes, it's as if he was a teen boy who didn't know how to act around girls... or trained killers.

"You can come if your vitals are checked again and if you promise not to run off."

"I promise."

"Good, now follow me." Steve stood up and walked out of the room and I quickly followed. In the past month I had pulled up my files from the Academy that stated that I was terminated. Natasha had quickly told me that I was free from that life because they thought I was somewhere I wasn't. I could be whomever I wanted.

I bit my lip, remembering how many times it was drilled into me that caring was not good, that it was the reason most of our agents would end up dead. I never believed that, I had a small thought that caring was what could save someone.

So that's why I decided to stay with the Avengers. To show others that I could care, that I could save them from others, or themselves. To return the favour to the Avengers as I was now in their debt.

I smiled as we entered Stark's office where everyone was gathered around a table with holographs depicting our plan.

"Shall we begin?"

◎ ◎ ◎

"Not cool, so not cool." I muttered to myself as I hid myself behind a set of trees. I quickly turned invisible and raced through the woods towards the compound full of soldiers. I used my gun and killed the men on guard before placing a bomb on the doorway. I sprinted away but not far enough in time. I screamed as my body was flung and I hit a tree, falling down to the snowy ground.

"Another compound destroyed. West side clear." I stood up shakily and looked around, hearing a crack in the distance. I surveyed the area, gun on hand.

I swear I heard something.

"Captain, something's here. It's not human."

"Could it be the other's you were talking about? Maybe Strucker experimented already?" I bit my tongue, I hadn't told the Avengers that Wanda and Pietro had already been experimented on, more of just them volunteering themselves to be there. After my initial freakout at Stark tower, I told them how the twins wanted to volunteer themselves for the Doctor's experiments.

"Could be." I turned around and gasped as I stood extremely close to a young man not much older than me.

I noticed how blue his eyes were, his pale white hair that was long, and his smirk on his face as he stared down at me in amusement. He was quiet tall and I felt nervous with my small frame as my head looked up to look him in the eye.

"Hello, Lyubov." His accent was thick and my eyes widened as the voice registered as the only one I had heard for the few months I was trapped in Strucker's lab.

I gasped again in shock, "Pietro?"

■ □