Biker Baby | Chapter Nineteen

Lucy_Pearl Copyright © 2016

Chapter Nineteen

It took her a while to realize he just stuck his finger in her cake, and then tried to go for a second helping. She pulled her plate away before he could.

"Get your own," he smiled at her and she narrowed her eyes. He laughed and tried grabbed her plate.

"Why get my own, when I can have yours?" He pulled her plate towards him and took her fork cutting a big piece for himself and shoving it in his mouth. A piece fell from the corner of his mouth and Isabelle flicked it when it landed on his chest.

"Because it was mine, now I have to get a new piece," she turned to away from him, cutting herself another slice.

"Why? We could share," he said to her back. He couldn't stop hinself from looking her up and down appreciatively. Her slim arms and lightly muscled back, her hips encased in the tight khaki shorts and her nice, round-

"You could've had your own since the beginning," she retorted, she grabbed another plate and put her new piece on it.

"But I wanted yours," he took another bite of the cake and smirked at her. He was so playful tonight, she was surprised after what happened in the car. Which reminded her.

"Wyatt, I just want to apolo-"

"Already forgotten," he cut her off. She jerked back in surprise at his attitude and dismissal of the apology. She thought that he was going to leave or something, not just forget it ever happened.

"I expected more," she murmured. He smiled and took another bite, his eyes watching her the whole time. When he swallowed and pushed the plate away, he spoke.

"You expected me to avoid you for what?-two weeks and then return with a pissy attitude?" He asked, it was a rhetorical question, but she answered anyway. She should've said something out loud, but just shrugged in response.

He smiled, and walked closer to her; she held her ground, she even stepped forward also. He didn't show his surprise that she wasn't shying away, in fact, he was happy that she wasn't.

"That's so highschool Izzy," he put his fingers underneath her chin, pushing her head farther back so he could look into her eyes without dipping his neck. "We're way past that," they looked at each other for a while. Isabelle's heart beat hard in her chest and she was sure the blood was rushing to her ears. They roared, cutting out all the other sound around her. Is his face getting closer?

The door to the backyard opened and Isabelle and Wyatt snapped out of whatever trance they were in. Both stepped back, breathing hard like they ran a marathon. Isabelle turned and saw one of Jacks nephew, the brunette with the bright gray eyes.

"Bathroom?" He asked.

"Through the door behind you, first door on the left," Isabelle advised. James nodded his head and then tossed one look Isabelle's way before disappearing.

"Who's that?" Wyatt asked. She turned back to him. He was a few feet away, leaning against the counter, his long legs crossed at the ankles and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"My... cousin," she replied. He let out a huff of breath and then uncrossed his arms.

"Let me guess," he tapped his chin with his finger. "Richie's son?" Isabelle shrugged. She really didn't care, she wasn't ever going to meet this Richie.

"Well, then Richie is on his way," she looked up at him and he had his hands in his pockets.

"He told... said that he wasn't going to go to a 'little girls' birthday party," she sneered. His eyes widened at her sneer and then he frowned.