Chapter 5

Days went by in somalia and most of the time it was so much fun, we use to always come up with something to do with the neighbourhood kids like chasing goats, playing football in the streets against each other, playing hide and seek in the pretty much destroyed mogadishu stadium etc. And other times it was just really shitty and i felt stuck in a black whole.

A normal day in somalia started around 7:O clock. Some kids had actual school in the morning and Quran school in the afternoon and for others it was the other way around. I had quran school in the afternoon thank god, i couldn't imagine starting the day by getting beat haha.

I truly hated quran school, it was hell and the quran teacher had no mercy what so ever against the poor kids including me. I'll never forget first time i skipped Quran school. I was just so sick of it and i was extra tierd that day because i walked from school for some reason (wanted to explore the city i guess) so i was sleeping that whole afternoon when my granpa woke me up to tell me the Quran teacher sent a kid in my quran school to take him with me to the quran school. I was chocked and scared and i just knew right away shit was about to go down but my grandpa promised me nothing would happen and i actually belived him.  I think it's safe to say i got the worst beating in my whole life that day lol. I can't belive i'm actually laughing about it, it was so painful and i was crying hopeless tears as i felt bunch of sticks touching my skin in the most hurtful way possible and i wished superman or anybody would come and safe me but that was normal and nobody would've reacted even if they heard me. 

I'll also never forget the day my brother got circumcised. We use to make so much fun of him cause he walked like he got raped haha poor guy. He was around 8-9 and i can't imagine how it most have felt, from what he told me it hurted as f*ck and he didn't even know he was getting circumcised , he thought they were going some where else. I remember one day when he fell and his penis hadn't leaked yet and i could just see the pain in his eyes. I've never seen him cry that much! never in my life had i thought i'd go through the same thing. I didn't even know girls could get circumcised. If i only knew