Chapter 4

I've never met as much cousins and relatives of mine as i met in somalia. They were so many in many different places wich was fun because they always had kids that were at mine and my brothers age and we use to play with them all the time. Some of the cousins really cared for us while others really didn't wich is funny because i can't remember my parents ever leaving us with people who aren't our cousins or relatives due to the fact that "they're family and would never hurt us". Sometimes the enemies are much closer than you think and that was in my case, i had never met people more evil than my relatives. I remember specially my male cousin who lived with us, he always favoured me of all the kids and i was happy about it because there weren't any grown ups i really liked.He used to always buy me candy and take me everywhere and one day he randomly started touching me in a very uncomfortable. I don't remember if he ever raped or if he just groped me beause i didn't even know what rape was and i had no idea what the fuck he was doing. He wasn't the only one among my cousins who that behavior towards me. I think there were 2 others. It disgusts me now that i think about it. How could anybody ever do that to a little kid? what is there to even touch? i also remember my fathers sister that was around 16-18 years old at the time. She always treated me like i was a girl in her school that she hated or something. She made fun of me for whatever i said and would always take the other kids and not me. Even though it's sad i'm thankful i met them beacuse i've never trusted anyone 100% ever since and it only changed my life for the better.

Life in somalia kept going on and by this time i could speak somali fluently and write in arabic. I also forgot my second languege. I longed for my mother and deeply wished she'd come back and take us with her this time but after i while i just dropped the idea and hopes of ever coming out of there. Sometimes my mother called us once a month and sometimes never but it didn't really bother me.

Everything that i thought was weird now started to become normal. The heat, the violence in school & quran school, the shootings and everything else. I liked school and i always did my homework in time which led to me almost never getting beat. My teacher was impressed by me and he always said nice stuff about me and i was happy about about it. We had about 2-3 breaks each day at school. 1 for lunch and two for playing and other stuff. I hated breaks especially the one for lunch. They had some disgusting food with lots of oil in that was able to buy in a little kiosk and than you just sat at a benk to eat beacuse they didn't have any cafeteria or anything like that. The other breakes were also quit sad because they were the total opposite of what "playing break" ment in my countrey. I was hoping there would be alot of swings and slides but there was only some rocks on the ground that the kids made alout of game out of.I was amazed but i really missed all the swings so one day i tried to make my own. I grabbed a rope and bound it into a tree and started swinging. I was so happy i almost cried. It felt like i was home for the first time the last couple years but the happiness didn't last long. After a minute the rope broke and i landed on my back. It hurt so much and something weird happen because i couldn't pronounce any word in like 2 minutes. After that incidednt i decided i'd just play with other kids and it went well. They made so many fun games out of little stuff like rocks, paper etc. and they weren't even complaining.