Chapter Five

Conor McLain as the dark prince.

***

  "You really think you fooled me, didn't you?" He whispered in my ear mockingly. "As if I didn't see through your fake back story. " he snorted.

"Well you do have exceptional skills." I bit back at him, fighting for breathe. My mind was whirring.
Why does he smell so damn good?
Why are his muscles so hard?
What do I do now?!
Do I pepper spray him?
Do I compel him into letting me go? Do I kill him?

"That I do, Dollface, that I do. The Prince wouldn't pick just anyone to be his personal guard." The smug arrogance emanating from him was sickening. And attractive. Ugh.

"W-what are you going t-to do t-to me?" I began my mind control, faking a stutter, making him feel like he had the upper hand while I gathered my strength.

"I'm going to tie you up and toss you through the nearest portal into your new home." He answered, saying home the way most say personal hell.

"Oh, I doubt that." I state. I feel him furrow his brows.

"Oh, reall-"

I cut off his sarcastic remark with a heel in his groin. This brings back memories. Men and their weaknesses.
I whirled out of his grip and touching between his eyes, muttering "Paralysis".

He sinks to the ground, totally immobile. I drag him under the arms into an allyway and roll him behind a garbage bin.

"Yeah, really." I answer his almost-statment. Never underestimate a girl with mad magic skills.

I then morph into what I like to call my Wetsuit - a minipulation of water that makes me appear invisible - and take to the sky, beating my wings furiously to go faster, to go further away from him.

I flew for hours in no particular direction, just away. The affects of the paralysis wear off withing 6 hours. 6 hours too soon.

My main worry was what I was going to do to survive now. I have no job anymore, since Gideon has infected that area, and I only had enough money saved up to last a few weeks.

I could always minipulate it out of someone...

I decided to land, taking off my wetsuit and assessing my appearance in a shop window. My hair was a mess, my clothes were soaked and I had bags under my eyes as big as craters on the moon. Glamour time.

***

I slip into an old favourite, my rich young heiress look. I have my hair in a sleek updo, immaculate makeup, and perfect, straight white teeth.

I duck into a deserted side street and strip into my underwear, then glamour a Louis Vuitton dress onto my new curves and a pair of stiletoes onto my feet.

Time to hit up the hotel bars for rich men with deep pockets and unfaithful minds

***

"I can make you so happy." A twenty-something year old bachelor in Armani slurred in my ear.

"Oh, and how will you do that?" I reply in a 'husky' voice.

He whispers crude things in my ear and I giggle at him, shuddering internally.

He's good looking and rich, but a fairy can only sleep with one person, because they then become bound to them, totally inseparable from them, due to a merging of one's soul, similar to werewolves, except we don't come with predetermined soul mates, or the ban on interracial children would be impossible to enforce.

We used to have mates, because the ancient fairies had bonds to others that were intensely strong, so strong that when one died, the other died too, usually before they had children, since they were more into wine and dancing that making babies. The terrified fairies started trying to have children with more than one partner, but the babies never survived, so they stuck to one mate, even if it wasn't their own. They couldn't waste time looking for their true love because they needed to save the species, so they were just paired up and having fledglings as much as they could. I guess going against nature made nature deside to redesign itself, so that your mate became whoever you lost your, as humans call it, virginity to. We're connected to each other, bound to each other, for better or for worse. Another reason for me to stay on the run. There's a rumour that Mids have mates, but the chances of finding him or her are rare.

"I would love that." I groan back at him, grabbing his little friend through his trousers. It's fine to tease them a little, they give you more that way. Its not prostitution if nothing happens. And if the other party isn't aware of any transactions. I may have resorted to this a few times...

He grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet. "My room, now." He says in an authorative tone.

He pulls me behind him to the elevator and as soon as the elevator doors chime shut on-route to the penthouse suite, he pushes me up against the wall and starts attacking my mouth with his.

I respond, rapping my arms around his waist, then inching my hands lower onto his ass, and his back pocket, where his wallet is. I slip it out and slide it into my newly created handbag.

The doors open with a ping and he pulls away, his swollen lips grinning at me.

"Damn, girl." He moans at me, then leads me to the plush leather love seat.

Ironic.

He starts kissing my neck. It feels so wrong, but I bear with it. I have to.

"Open your eyes and look at me." I order in
my most controlling voice. They follow orders more easily in this state. Why do you think succubus' are so rich?

"You gave me your wallet and your money freely. You will not report me to the police. You will not speak of me to anyone. Do you understand me?"

He nodded stupidly, his eyes glazed over. I stood up, patted my hair back into place, and walked away.

Not a very clean job but hey, some skills are useful from time to time.