News over a Decaf Mocha

September 23rd,

Coffee Shop, 7:00 am

Juliet sat in the corner, hoping nobody would see her. Hiding in a public area wasn't really the best idea.

She sipped on her decaf mocha. Her fingers hugged the hot brown paper cup.

The weather was perfect as always. Sun hovering over the town with a cloud free sky.

No sign of Caspar that morning. Juliet noticed he had disappeared from outside Bonnie's house when she was leaving herself.

"Anyone sitting there?" She heard a voice, she looked up. 

It was Stefan. He sat down next to her holding a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream floating on top.

She gave a him a half smile before looking back to her cup.

"We haven't talked properly yet" He told her.

She nodded, not knowing what to say. "So... you're a witch?" 

Juliet sighed knowing that he was trying to start a conversation. "A... druid, or at least... that's what they think I am" She explained, struggling to get the word 'druid' out of her.

Stefan drink some of his hot chocolate. He had whipped cream around his mouth now.

He nodded. "So Elena told me that something didn't add up? What's going on?" 

Juliet leaned back on her seat. "Well, apparently druids can only pass on powers to there first born, and I'm not a first born and my mother was definitely a human" She shrugged when she finished speaking. 

She was desperate to drop the subject, as Stefan could tell. 

He got up out of his seat. "Don't suppose you want me to drive you to school?"

"It's okay.. I can drive" 

He nodded. "That would explain the car outside my house" He smiles to himself, "Uh.. bye"

He left the coffee shop before Juliet could say bye back.

She was about to step into her car and leave for school before something grabbed her thin arm.

She gasped but was soon relieved to see it was Jeremy. "You scared me" She told him, "What are you doing here Jeremy?"

Jeremy took her behind her car. "Yesterday.. I met someone..." He looked around before carrying on, "He was looking for you"

Juliet folded her arms. 

"He knows that your sister isn't the druid and he's coming to get you" Jeremy told her, making her even more nervous then she already was.

She was about to say something but Jeremy cut her off, "Don't worry, he doesn't know where you are. I asked Klaus and he told me about the guy. His name is Leo Suarez"

"Who's Klaus?"

Jeremy raised an eyebrow, but then soon realised who he was talking to. "Klaus, he an original vampire, one of the first. Anyway, he told me about a pack he once knew with the same Leo Suarez, but he isn't a vampire he is a wolf, but somehow he doesn't age, like vampires

"So what else did Klaus tell you about the pack?"

"He told me that these aren't just any wolves. Like the vampires, the longer you live, the stronger you are. These wolves are very old, almost as old as Klaus. These wolves are the originals"

Jeremy saw Juliet's face. She was terrified, you could see it in her eyes. "What do they want with me?"

Jeremy shook his head. "They.. they want your blood.. but we don't know why.. we're trying to find out"

Suddenly Jeremy put his arms around her, letting her head rest on his shoulder. "Why not just give them what they want? I want my family back"

"I know, I know, but we're not gonna risk your life for there's.. Klaus and I will find another way.."

There was a pause. She looked up at his face and saw him looking down at hers. "Best not tell the others. Klaus wants to keep this between us.. he doesn't even know I told you"

She nodded. "Well I want to meet him. If he knows anything, I need to know"

Stefan watched from behind the corner. He overheard what Jeremy and Juliet were talking about.

If Klaus was involved, something was bound to go wrong.

He wanted to go over to the two and demand for answers, but where would that get him? 

He blurred away from the coffee shop and back to the boarding house where he would see Juliet later.. hopefully.