ch.1 i'm a what?

This is my first time doing something like this so I would appreciate feed back! :) and sorry for any misspellings, tense errors exc.

..................................................................................................................................>

''WHY IS IT SO HUMID OUTSIDE!!!!!   WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HOOOOOOTTTTTTTT" I scream in to the air.

It is in the middle of summer, in Beaverdam Virginia USA,the air conditioner broke yesterday,and as if just to make me suffer we have reached an amazing, whopping record high of 103 degrees farenheit. OH happy days! (note the sarcasm.)

" Hay Madison, get off your lazy butt, and help me kill dinner!" screams my dad.

I peek around the tree that is giving me shade but no cool air, and see dad, about 15 feet away holding his new gun in his left hand and his old gun in his right screaming for me to come. I swear if I did not know that man i would call the police and think that he has gone crazy from the heat.

I scream " I'm comin,  I'm comin"get up and walk over to him.

As soon as I get out of the bushes I see him smile a huge toothy grin at me.  Hunting is his absolute favorite thing to do, any time of the year whether the weather is below freezing or we are breaking records with the heat.

He hands me the old gun and some rounds. and looks me dead in the eye and says, "Use one bulet, i expect one animal down" I nod he says the same thing every time we go hunting, and he means it if you waist a shot well let us just say I waisted one shot when I was 5 , I still have bad dreams, so I have never missed a shot since. My dad was in the marines and lets say he learned the value of one bluet.

 We are not very far in the forest when I spot a deer. I take the safety off my gun and get on the ground for camouflage. It is a female deer. hay it is close enough to deer season for me! I aim and shoot. down goes the deer. My dad pats me on the back as we skin the deer.

" Wow nice shot. right between the eyes. At 11 you are already surpassing me!"

''Thanks!" I say as we are picking up the deer. We do not talk much as we carry it back. I do not mind I have to start thinking of the things I have to do when we get home. I make a mental check list.

1.  drink allot of water

2.   skin and get the meat off the deer

3.   cook some of the deer meat

4.   take my nightly dip in the river

We are almost at the house when an old man at the door, dressed in some of the weirdest clothes I have ever seen stopped my train of thought. I am pretty sure that it is NOT Halloween, so why does this man look like a wizard? My dad's eyes get wide and he says, " Dumbledore".  Dumbledore. Dumbledore? What a strange name. Suddenly dad drops his half of the deer. Great mental note rinse off hide before skinning. I look up at my dad about to scold him for dropping the deer, but his face is very pale and his eyes far open it looks like he is watching a ghost sit on our front porch.

We stand like that for a while, so I speak up" Um, dad?........ the deer"

He brakes out of his trance, and picks up his side of the deer. And we walk on to the porch.

As we aproch  the old man my dad clears his throat and says "Dumbledore sir, would you please come in?."

Sir dad only addresses his father and old superior officers sir. Could this Dumbledore be a veteran that has gone loonie?

" I would be glad to Mr. Skyward, Please you first."

We walk in and i put the deer down in the kitchen. then dad walks back to the den to talk to Dumbledore. I drag the deer to the chop block, where I leave it and walk back to the living room where they are talking. When i entered Dumbledorelooked at me and I could not help notice how kind his eyes are. Mom always said you can get the most accurate first impression from a persons eyes.

"Hello miss. Madison"

"Hi" my dad looks really upset I wonder what they were talking about?

Dumbledore sits down and starts speaking," Madison, do you believe in magic?"

"Well that depends. Do you mean the magic of life or wizard and witch magic?"

"Both." he says with a smile playing on his lips.

"No." I say. Do I really have time for this. That would be no.

" It was very nice to meet you Mr. Dumbledore but I have to go harvest some meat before it rots. so if you would please excuse me." OH I hope the meat does not spoil. dinner will probably be a half hour late today. Man Buch is going to be soo  hungry. For being only the 3rd eldest Buch sure has the biggest apatite.

Then I hear Dumbledore speak up right as I was about too leave the room."'I think that you for got your knife." I look to the side and there is my knife floating in thin air. I turn to Dumbledore and say with a smile, "Thank you."  And I started walking to the deer.

And then Wait A second. KNIVES DO NOT FLOAT IN AIR! I freeze. and then stiffly turn around and stare most likely bug eyed at my dad and Dumbledore.

I barely make out the words, "OK. NOW you have my absolute attention."

" You are a witch Madison."Dumbledore says with a blank look on his face.

I look at my dad for some kind of explanation. he has a somber look on his face as he starts to exsplain, "Madison please sit down and just listen." he pauses as he gathers his thoughts " Madison you are a witch, and so are your brothers. They all started their training at age 11 just like you. But since I taught magic I was able to teach them what I know. We all thought that you were a sqib. Which is a child borne to a wizard family but possesses no magic. So we all decided that we would keep you in the dark. But now that Dumbledore is here I am guessing that was the wrong choise." He finishes and looks at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore takes a letter from his robes and takes his turn explaining, "Madison you may be a late bloomer, but you are still a witch. So," He hands me the letter, " I Albus Dumbledor would like to invite you to Hogwarts the school of witch craft and wizardry.