There is no sweeter innocence

Finnick's POV

I don't have much of a costume but I don't need one. Just some simple black shorts.

Katniss is in the next room changing so while I wait I get the black paint out. She comes in with a jacket over her costume.

"So we have 60 minutes to paint your tattoos and do my hair. Let's get to it.", she states taking the paint brush.

My 'tattoo' goes on my back and slightly over to my shoulder, chest, and arm. Katniss is painting around my eye and my cheek. She looks so concentrated. We've been working so hard and so much has happened that we haven't talked much like brother and sister.

"Hey little sister.", I say to her.

She looks at me with her silver streaked grey eyes and says,"Hey big brother."

"How've you been?", I ask her as she puts away the paint.

"Tired. And you?", she says.

"Tired as well. Maybe we should take a break from dance for a few days after this.", I say.

"That sounds nice. A few days to sleep in and not worry about a tap solo we have to choreograph for a music video.", she says brushing her hair.

I pick up a hair curler and curl her hair and put it half up half down sort of thing. I remember how long it took me to learn to use this thing. I put in some shiny little diamonds that sort of stick to her hair.

I was hair spraying her hair as Peeta and Annie walk in.

"Hey", they say at the same time.

Katniss is putting make up as neatly and quickly as possible before she starts trembling. She left the red lipstick from the previous performance.

Peeta made it difficult for Katniss to practice her solo. It was sort of directed towards him, so he wasn't allowed to see it. So she was nervous about performing it.

"Hey.", she says getting up and starting to warm up again.

I look up and notice that Annie is blushing.

"Annie Marie Mellark. Mind sharing why you are blushing?", I tease.

Her eyes widen and Katniss and Peeta laugh.

Katniss slips her fuzzy slippers over her jazz shoes and begins to stretch again.

"Oh Katniss I found the gold paint earlier", I say digging in my dance bag.

"I forgot all about it.", she said sitting in her chair.

Peeta and Annie had settled to watching us get ready. They do that a lot.

Katniss begins to streak gold onto the feathers that make up my tattoo.

Annie suddenly came and kissed my cheek and left with Peeta. Creepy.
I feel the blush rise to my cheeks.

Soon its time to perform. I stand backstage waiting for my name to be called and after a while it is called.
The stage lights turn off and there's just a gloomy light left. I sit on my knees slowly swaying my head left and right.

My dance had to be very technically correct and very emotional.

As the audience clapped and cheered, I caught Annie's eyes. They were tearing up. I had been choreographing this dance since I last left this kingdom. Changing it and restarting as time passed.
I knew she saw pain and anger in the dance. I took my eyes away from her and bowed to the audience.

Backstage, I found a nervous Katniss dancing around waiting for her name to be called.

I ran back to the dressing room to get my robe so that I could watch her dance without catching a cold.