Chapter 9

Lauren's POV:
I stood there for I don't know how many minutes just staring at the person in front of me. I was snapped out of my trance when I heard Y/N speak.

"Brad right? Hi I'm Y/N." She introduced herself then waved.

"Yup. That's me. Nice to meet you Y/N. Anyways, umm Lauren, I was wondering if I could talk to you in private. I need to tell you something important." He said looking directly at me. I was about to answer when Y/N's phone went off.

"Sorry that was my manager. We have to go. The interview starts in an hour." I nodded.

"Maybe some other time. I'll see you later." I smiled and followed Y/N to her car.

"Will you text the girls to meet us here? I need to be there so I can get changed and everything." I nodded and immediately texted the girls.

"Yo. So we're going to The Ellen Show with you?" Dinah said. The girls finally got to the car.

"Yeah. Michelle just texted me that you guys are gonna promote your album. It was a last minute thing." Y/N informed us then drives off to the studio where it's being held.

"You girls can wait here back stage while Y/N gets changed." When we got  there, we didn't expect a lot of people to be there. It was mostly teens but still.

"Alright. Let's do this." Y/N said as she came out of the dressing room.

"You guys ready... In 3...2...1...action."

Y/N's POV:
"Hello everybody. Our guest for today is one of the most successful artist in the industry. Give it up for Y/F/N." I walked out the stage and waved at everybody. I walked over to Ellen and gave her a hug the sat down.

"Thank you for having me as your guest. I've always wanted to be interviewed by you. It's just awesome." I said.

"Well the pleasure is all mine. So anyways, how does it feel to be this famous?" She asked.

"I mean it's pretty surreal. It's not everyday you wake up, go do your job, and some manager from the music industry signs you. I just got lucky I guess." I said.

"Indeed you are. Oh did you know that you are called a "Heartthrob" for some reason whatsoever. Apparently a lot of people wants to date you." She chuckled.

"No I didn't know I was being called a " Heartthrob." I said laughing.

"So a lot of people out there likes you. Some even loves you and adores you to death. What characteristics do you find in a person attractive?" She asked and then showed a couple of pictures of different type of celebrities and people.

"Ummm... You have to be funny, likes food, would play video games with me, caring, kind, down to earth, great taste in music, would like to go on a date with me once in a while, and other more things. But the most important to me is that they have courage. Physical traits doesn't really matter to me, expect I have to be taller than you and that's about it." I said jokingly.

"As long as you are taller." She laughed.

"Yeah because... I don't know. It's just weird to have a girlfriend who is taller than you." I shrugged.

"So you like a person who is shorter than you and has all of those that you mentioned and they have to have courage. Why courage?" She asked. I took a deep breath trying to find an explanation as to why courage is the most important trait a person should have.

"Well...because no matter what anyone says, no matter how many laughs or mock them, they continue to be themselves even if they're alone. They don't change to get anyone to like them. They smile because they're happy and content with themselves. It takes courage to stay true to who you are and not care about what people do to you." I said still a bit zoned out.