Chapter Two

Chapter 2:

Empty

;; edited ;;

Louis

I wheeled my bag behind me as we made a haste exit off the plane. Liam was attempting to make conversation with me, but I just wasn't into it. I know I promised him I would try and get better, but I wasn't feeling it at the moment.

"Louis? Louis!" Liam said, waving a hand frantically in front of my face to catch my attention. I suddenly became confused and felt disoriented.

"Huh?" I asked, shaking my head and rubbing my eyes, trying to figure out where I was. My eyes traveled around the airport and then suddenly it came flooding back to me. Well, that was weird...

"You were zoned out. You alright?" Liam asker, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. I merely nodded my head and looked away from him. Liam gave me one last questioning look before turning back to talk to Niall who had just come up beside us.

"Look out!" Zayn hollered, suddenly breaking my from the trance I seemed to fall into again. I looked up just in time to see a bag hurling towards me. I barely dodged it, landing on the floor with a loud 'thump.' I groaned as I rolled over and pushed myself to my feet.

"What the hell?" I grumbled, patting down my clothes to straighten them out and then rubbing over a sore spot on my arm from the fall.

"Looks like that lady was throwing it to her husband," Zayn observed, looking somewhere in front of us. I followed his gaze to find a scared looking woman.

"Whatever, shit happens," I grumbled and continued walking, deciding the first step to being more positive is to not throw a fit. I could feel the boys' eyes on me as I brushed this off like it was no big deal. Trying not to focus on them was harder than not focusing on what had happened.

"It's only about a ten minute drive to the hotel," Paul said as he led us to the car. I climbed into my usual seat, the passenger side. Silly Americans drove on the opposite side of the road so it was weird to climb into the right side and not be driving.

"Praise the Lord," I said. The guys chuckled, throwing their bags to the back and climbing into the seats. It was nice to see them laugh because of something I said. This action caused a smile to curve on my face. It was a real, genuine smile and not the fake ones I have become so accustomed to.

The van we were in weaved through the fans. It took us a good 15 minutes just to get out of the parking lot. My grumpy attitude made a reappearance the minute we found ourselves in chaos. My headphones were put back into my ears, and the volume was turned up as I kept my head down. Once we were through the mess, it took us ten minutes to reach the hotel, just as Paul had said.

"Here we are boys," Paul announced as he slid the door open for the boys in the back. I was the first one out, seeing as I had the easiest access. Breathing in a large amount of air, I exhaled it with a satisfied sigh. Thankfully, our location was not released to the fans and none of them had discover it yet. It was an easy entrance into the hotel. Check in went smoothly, and we were soon on our own. But I had a feeling that girls followed us from the airport and our moment of bliss would not last long. I decided I would do something about it.

I unlocked the door to discover a nice room. A queen sized bed took up a corner of the room with a giant TV opposite it, and a cozy bathroom tucked in the opposite corner. A cabinet, counter, microwave, and fridge were placed towards the center of the room. I chucked my bag on the bed and used the restroom as I realized just how badly I needed to piss.

Taking advantage of the fan-free area, I decided to take a walk. I ducked my head out the window to double check that no one was out there, and thankfully, there wasn't anyone in sight. In fear that someone could appear out of thin air, I made a haste exit out of my room. I took the stairs, not wanting to be caught by Paul while waiting for the elevator. Taking a side door out of the hotel, I found a secluded path, deciding it was my best option.