Chapter 6

My heart skipped a beat, and I took a few stumbling steps backwards. I ended up crashing into a cluster of lockers that they kept in the children's ward so that the children could continue going to school. The lights in the hallway slowly dimmed, as if to give me even more fear, or to make their surprise attack even scarier.
A small whimper came from one of the lockers as I stood up and brushed myself, but it quickly silenced itself. Out of fear or what, I didn't know.
"Hello?" I whispered softly, crouching down in front of the locker.
"M-my brother Iggy told me not to talk to people I don't know." The small voice replied, slurring slightly as if they were sucking on their thumb. I could tell now that it was a little girl who couldn't be more than four or five years old.
"Are you okay, sweetie?" I asked, opening the locker door and helping the child out.
She continued sucking on her thumb once she was out and her eyes slowly fluttered across the hallway.
"I-I want my brother." She sobbed, tears beginning to flow. She wiped them away with her small hand, and something on her arm shimmered in the dim lighting. After a few seconds, I realized that her tears began trickling down soft, pearl white feathers that attached themselves to her small toddler arm.
"Don't worry. I'll get you to your brother." I reassured her, wiping her tears away with my thumb. She sniffled slightly and wrapped her arms around my neck, as if she wanted me to carry her around.
"My names Katie, by the way." I said warmly, standing up straight with her on my back.
"My names Audrey. I can fly." She said with a giggle, her feathers tickling the back of my neck.
"I could guess that by your beautiful little wings. How did you get here?" I asked, turning a corner and continuing exploring with a new friend.
She stiffened up, and her tears started to trickle down the back of my shirt.
"Th-the bad man took me. He took me from Iggy and Rift and Spike and Becca and JD." She sobbed, her small hands rubbing her eyes.
"Don't worry. I'll get you back to them." I said determined, fear melting away.
-
A/N:
Sorry for making this chapter so short, I've been kinda busy and I have been suffering from writers block for a long time :( anyways, if you're confused, my friend and I decided to combine our stories, so go and check out his story! It's called Fly High and the rest of my story (idk about his) is going to be combined with it so go and check out his story on   :) thanks