Chapter Fourteen

I finally made my decision after staring at the ring in my finger for a while lost in thought of all the possible things that might happen.
"That's a mighty nice ring you got there Aziza." A voice startled me out of my thoughts looking up I saw that it was Adrian.
"Adrian I thought your shift wasn't until noon."
"I'm covering for Tisha her son is sick today."
"Oh that's horrible. I pray he get better."
"Amen to that. So tell me what's bothering you? You haven't touched
"You know Andy I am officially engaged."
"Whoa that's a big leap I didn't see that coming and so soon is it that guy Daniel?"
"Yeah who else would it be? I'm seriously stressed about it."

"Try and living your life to the fullest as if it was your last day. If you think this would make you happy you don't have to be so stressed let it all go and leave that for another day. If fated to be it will happen."
"I didn't know you were so philosophical You know Andy you give some really deep advices you should try listening to them sometimes."
"What do you mean?"
"Me and you both know what I mean I've known you for almost four years know you think I haven't noticed that you've liked Maria for a very long time. Yet you've never told her."
"Am I that obvious?" He asked chuckling nervously.
"Well no not really I'm just a very observant person. Don't worry your secret is safe with me."
"Thanks I think.... Wow so your engaged?"
"Yea I mean no I me a it officially yet I still have to call him up with my answer."
"I wish you all the best Aziza because because you are a true friend."
"Thank you Andy."
"And stop calling me Andy it's not even close to Adrian." He uttered getting back to work.
"You'll always be Andy to be." I called out after him laughing as he ducked behind the counter.
I pulled out my phone and called Daniel to tell him my decision leaving out the gruesome details why I said yes.
"On one condition I want it to happen today we could have a basic wedding you know going local registrar office before the Nikah and signing the marriage contract we could have Hanaan's father be the imam for the ceremony you invite your friends and I'll invite mine and I can have my uncle as my guardian to give my hand away to you."
"You make it sound so simple."
"It's kinda like a flash wedding."
"Okay and in sha Allah we will make it through together."
"I got to go and talk to my uncle now Salam."
"Wa alykum Salam. To you to I can't wait to meet your uncle."
"Me too I'm I'm sure you two would get along great." After we hung I called my uncle.
"Chacha are you still in town."
"Yeah leaving tonight though."
"Chacha can you postponed your trip back until tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I promise I wouldn't tell Daada you are in town I want you to do something important for me."
"Whoa that sounds serious what are you up to?"
"I'm getting married and I want you to be the my wali."
"Yeah that's very funny."
"Chacha I'm serious. I am getting married but I would like to get married to the guy I choose than one Daada or Ami choose. So will you help me and be my wali since Baba can't be."
"What Pa is trying to marry you off? That doesn't make sense."
"Me and you both know how he feels about me. He hates me."
"He doesn't hate you... It's very complicated."
"Than enlighten me why does he treat me like an outsider, that's not wanted."
"It's very complicated."
"Well if you don't tell me why how am I supposed to find out is Daada disappointed that he has no one to carry his family name to future generations and that his only grandchild turn out to be a girl me."
"Hey don't give up on me yet just because I haven't met my other half yet."
"God help the woman who agrees to marry you." I joked
"Hey!" He said In a mocking tone I could picture him placing his hand on his chest mockingly forging pain through the phone  
"Chacha stop changing the topic." After laughing and realizing what he was trying to do "So tell me what makes this so 'complicated' as you keep putting it."
"Okay I'll tell you but if anyone asks where you you got your information you never heard it from me."
"Okay... okay chacha spill."
"Sheesh you treat me more like a little brother and slave than an uncle."
"Chacha you are a brother, uncle, friend all in one you are the best uncle any girl could ask for and I'm blessed to have you. I love you so can you please tell me before I gain another year asking you."
"Before your father Kareem met your mom Gabriela, he and Jumana were promised to each other by Pa and and Jumana's father but then Kareem met And fell in love with Gabriela and married her even though Pa didn't approve of the marriage. To be honest with you I believe your parents met for each other. And I liked her better than I like Jumana I remember that even though Pa disapproved of  her she was always respectful and gentle when she spoke to him. Whenever I asked her why she wasn't angry or outspoken like she usually was with my father and she told me that my father reminded her of her father. Even though she might not be able to change what happened between her and her family things were different for Kareem and Pa and at that moment I knew my brother found a keeper if she could sooth my dad's almost unbearable temper and personality she was the daughter-in-law of the century."
"Is that why he always sides with her?" I asked because now it made a lot of sense why he always did.
"No not at all In fact your mom and him were getting along beautifully before she passed away. It's just that Pa just has a weird way of showing that he cares about you. He doesn't hate you trust me he loves you you should have seen his face the day you were born I've never seen him smile so brightly in my entire life. He just wants you to be strong. He doesn't want the same thing that happened to my older sister to happen to you..."
"Whoa wait up do I have and aunt I don't know about?"
"Oh my little Bhaatiji there are so many things you don't know. Yes I had a sister that was older than me and Kareem. Even though she was older than us she was daddy's little girl. My father adored her and gave her everything she asked. You know you kinda look like her around the eyes and the nose from what I could remember. I was young when she killed herself. I still don't understand the reason why all I know is that day it changed Pa. He doesn't want you to end up like her that's why he's so tough on you. Show him that you are go and talk to him about this."
This new informations was overwhelming and conflicting. I had always thought Daada detested that I was a fully desi and that I was a girl. I don't know what to think now I needed Time to absorb all this information. This was just too much. too much, I started wonder what else no one told me about.
"Chacha I'm coming over to see you."

Please don't forget to VOTE! and COMMENT! Your support really mean a lot💞