Chapter Three

"Are you insinuating that I stole it. Because you can rest a sure I didn't." I said to him in a very professional yet accusing tone. And he just smiled
"Nope I'm not I'm just curious as to why you haven't recognized me yet."
"Do you know me?" I asked a bit off guard
"No, but you should know me."
"If you don't know me why would I know you?" I asked and then he laughed
"Are you Muslim?"
"Well yeah the cloth around my head should be a big bell ri-." I started saying until I remembered that he was blind " I'm sorry I meant yes yes I am."
"I asked because you said something about being against your believes to touch the opposite gender and totally forgot to say my salaam a to you then sister."
"You're Muslim? Ma shaa Allah no worries I'm at fault too and I salaam so to you too brother it was nice meeting you but I have to get back to work. Allah hafiz." I said getting back to work. I worked and took my break to pray magrib by the time I came home from work everyone was already a sleep to my reliefs because I really didn't want to deal with Ami's scolding at the moment After realizing I left her with the guests. I was tired to the bone and can't think at the moment so Alhadullilah. It was only midnight so I prayed isha and made my futon and went to sleep.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The next morning was a Friday and it was one of the rare Friday I decided to go to the masjid for Friday prayers. I woke up before anyone else got ready for school and made breakfast for Baba because it was the usual time he woke up on Fridays and mostly the only morning I get to see him. After putting away my futon I woke The twins up and cleaned up the left over dishes from last night that I was too tired to do.
I had two hours before the bus came so I took out my journal and started writing about the blind person I met yesterday. It's very interesting because this was the first time in my life I've met a blind person and it made me contemplate on what Allah as given us that we sometimes take for granted while there are those in this world who don't have it, yet are able to live life Ma shaa Allah. I thank Allah for blessing me with all that he given me.
I didn't  know how zoomed in I was to my writing but the next thing I know Baheera was calling me from the door saying it's time to go. Baba was in the kitchen eating his breakfast. I put my journal way and went over to him. Hugged him and gave him my good bye kiss on the cheek and went out the door hearing him call out I love you too.
Some people might find it weird that a senior like me takes the school bus but you got to do what you got to do.

My day at school went like it usually did. This time it was my calc teacher asking me to tutor someone. He said something about me knowing the person and that he even suggested that he would give me extra credit points for it. As tempting as it sounds I declined and caught up with Isabel, Maria and Hanaan during lunch to carpool with them to the mosque. Going to the mosque is what they do every Friday and something I rarely did. For what reason I am not sure. I went mostly once a month if I had the chance but usually it slipped my mind so when I caught up to them Maria seemed really ecstatic about it. She cornered me on not eating lunch with them yesterday and I told her I was eating with my sisters and some of my other friends. This usually was the routine we had the next day if I didn't each lunch at their table the previous day.

it's not that I don't like them I do. Maria and Hanaan were the first people I talked to once I moved her. I'd say they'd be the closest thing I had to a best friend but looking back at what my fathers best friends did to him I really don't like that title. I met Isabel the beginning of the year. she used to be a close friends with Maria until she moved away three years and came back this year. Maria is Latino and Isabel is a revert Hispanic Muslim. Hanaan is Indonesian and as for me My father is Indian and my biological mother I believe was a Brazilian revert at least that's what is written in my fathers journals. but I usually just say that I'm america when people ask were I came from. I mean I was more and raised her so I believe I'm from here.

Maria for some reason always seems like she's always sugar high. She has way too much energy even in the morning Ma Shaa Allah. We all carpooled in Isabel's car since the mosque wasn't that far. Just as we parked in the masjid's parking lot I got a call from Ami and told them I'd meet them inside I had to take this call.

"Hello, Aziza Salaam aliekum"

"Wa aliekum Salaam Ami"

"beta can you stop by the grocery store on your way home and buy some tomatoes, lettuce, milk and cucumbers. I need it to cook a special dinner tonight."

"Special dinner?" I asked hoping it wasn't what I was thinking

"Yes we are going to have some guest over." she answered seeming a bit excited but as soon as she said that I knew who those 'guest' were going to be.

"Ami can't one of the twins do it I'll be working late." I said to her trying to find an escape route

"no beta I need you home by seven tonight no matter what and I'll ask one of the twins to go pick it up were are you right now."

"Going to Friday prayers."

"Okay In shaa Allah I'll see you tonight." she said ten hanged up before I could even protest. Sighing I put my phone back into my jacket pocket just then I felt a stick tapping the back of my shoes looking back I noticed it was the blind guy from yesterday even with his over sized hoodie and huge shades and hat I could could still tell it was him. as he felt around with his stick

"Are you stalking me." I asked in a joking tone. just to get a reactin out of him. He frowned and turned to the direction of were he though he heard my voice he didn't seem to be far off just facing a over my head.

"Do I know you? your voice sounds very familiar."

"I am the girl from last night you whacked with your stick at the store." I said reminding him. I watched as the un-hidden part of his face lit up in recognition.

"Oh the Muslim one. Sorry I didn't catch your name last night."

"I never gave it to you, and you never asked." I reminded him

"Okay so what's your name?" He asked

"What's yours?" and countered back

"I asked you first what your name was?"

"I asked second." saying strong I somehow like knowing peoples names first before they know mine eeven if it starts getting awkward.

"My name is Daniel so what's yours?"

"Aziza"

"Azaza?" he repeated completely butchering my name

"Aa-Zi-Za" I repeated my name again breaking it down for him

"Aziza, huh, can I just call you Ziza?" he asked after a few more tries on trying to get the pronunciation right.

"Yeah okay, but just to give you a heads up that's a first. never had anyone butcher my name like that."

"All these Arabic names are new to me you know. Still trying to get used to it. I converted to Islam about four months ago."

"Wow Ma shaa Allah may Allah keep guiding you In shaa Allah. anyways I have to go the khuttbah is about to start." I told him

"Wait! can you please guide me to the entrance." he asked before I left him didn't seem like the type of guy who liked asking people for help I concluded seeing his very flustered face. I smiled at him an bend down to pick up the end of his stick and guided him to the entrance and excused myself to the ladies section were Maria, Isabel and Hanaan were waiting for me in a corner listening to the khuttbah. Maria gave me the facial expression she'll ask me later what happened and i just nodded at her in agreement before putting my attention to the speaker.

I hope you liked this chapter and check out my other stories as well.
Please don't forget to VOTE! and COMMENT! Your support really mean a lot💞