Chapter 5

Hey guys!!! So sorry that I didn't upload for a week and a half! Was very busy! Anyways I am so happy that I got 13 votes! Yay!!!! I would really appreciate it if you took 5 seconds to press the Vote button, it would mean a lot to me. Also, as always I am always eager to read your comments, so please write some!

:p Hope you guys like it :)

Noah's P.O.V

I quickly ran to my room when the bell rang, quickly avoiding being smacked by the volleyball.

That Bastard.

I was mad sure, but I knew I shouldn't be. I knew this was the only time that you can try out for the team, or you would have to wait until the 3rd marking period, which was 6 months away.

Shane had told me all this. Shane was one of my close friends, he was lots of fun and really nice, take out the part that he kept on begging me to go out on a date with him, and he would be perfect.

I had promised him 2 weeks ago that I would be there for moral support, even though he didn't need it. Shane was great at sports, he had been in a Australian family, when they couldn't afford a kid, and sadly put him in the orphanage. When Shane was given the chance to get a foster family, he had quickly declined.

When I had told him that I couldn't make the try outs he was disappointed but didn't show it.

I quickly threw my book bag on the bed and changed my regular jeans for a pink short skirt that reached just above my knees. and kept the same black clingy shirt on, changing my black and white converse for black flats.

Brushing my hair quickly, I ran to the gym. All the boys were there, but the coach had not eat arrived. I quickly saw Shane, and he mentioned me over.

Swallowing, I went to him. Grinning he said "Hey Noah, so glad you can make it, I really need the luck." Quickly I loosened, "Stop lying, your a natural at basketball, and well any other sport there is, and not many people have beaten you."

He shook his head," I know I'm good, but this new dude, Jack-" He looked up when I quickly took in air. "You know him?" I slowly nodded "Yeah."

He frowned, "We'll anyways, I heard he is very good, and I don't think I'll beat him."

I smiled at him."Shane, it's okay that you won't be on a higher rank, you'll still be in the team. I'm also rooting for you to beat him."

Shane grinned "Thanks Noah." That exact moment, Jack strolled in the room, with a confident smirk on his face which quickly vanished when he saw me and Shane standing close together.

What was his problem? He didn't even know me, yet he was already jealous if I talked with someone else?

The coach blew his whistle, and Jack quit staring at me, "Form 2 teams boys!" The coach barked.

I quickly went and sat on the bench where some other girls and boys were sitting, I hadn't been able to convince DeeDee to come with me, so I went and sat next to Kiera, she was also a friend, but we weren't that close.

She smiled and said a greeting, but I was too distracted with the game that ha already started. Shane had already taken the ball and was dribbling it to the basket, ignoring the screams of his teammates to pass the ball to them.

Just before he was about to shoot, Jack stole the ball and passed it to this kid on his team. The kid calmly dribbled it, and protected it form someone stealing it, waiting for Jack to run just next to the basket.

When Jack was in his position, the kid threw the ball at him and Jack made it in.

Kiera jumped out of her seat and started squealing like a crazy girl. "Go Jack!"

I grunted, she sounded like a ginny pig. This is how the game went on for the past 15 min.

Jack making it every time, and Keira squealing her head off.

The coach blew his whistle and told the class, the people who made the team would be listed outside next week.

I got my bag and was just about to leave for the library, when I heard a "Hey wait up!" I turned my head expecting Shane, but was surprised when it was Jack instead.

"Hi" I said smiling at him. "Hey, wait for me for a minute ok? We can walk to the library together."

I nodded quickly, and Jack dashed off. The exact moment he left, my mind cleared and I instantly realized what a smiling idiot I was being, he had went to the try outs instead of the tour.And I was supposed to be mad at him.

Jack came back interrupting my thinking time. We started to walk to the library.

"Your very good, you'll definitely make the team." He shrugged, "Maybe"

"Where'd you learn to play?"

He smiled "From a friend, he learned it from his brother and I learned it from him."

I nodded, analyzing the information. I wanted to ask him a question that was bothering me since yesterday.

I swallowed, "Jack where were you before you came here?" His face leaked out of all emotion than he sighed. "I had my own apartment, was living my life until I was caught, being underage and living by myself."

"Oh" was all i said, that was a lot of information, but why was he living by himself the first place? I wondered. Before I could ask him, we reached the library.

------/----- Sorry, if it is not edited, I didn't have time, please comment and vote :)