Chapter 8

Everyday I smile,I act like nothing's wrong. It's called putting everything aside bf simply being strong but after today I finally realise that what the point of being strong if everyone is going to try to just drag you down. Although I pledged not to cry tears fall down my face dripping onto my mattress.

"Zoe can I come in?" Bryce whispers opening the door,"you missed dinner" he says sitting on the edge of my bed.
"That's the last thing in my mind" I say letting the tears fall.
"Zoe you can tell me anything"
"No"
"Why do you do this. I try my hardest to make you happy but you never do anything in return for me"
"What" I say staring at him.
"I try helping you but you won't let me help"
"I don't owe you anything. Everyday I've hid behind a fake smile, I hide my problems from you to avoid you caring, I cover my scars, I try to avoid talking to you so you don't have to put up with my problems and I pretend to be mentally stable an you think I do nothin for you. You don't know the half of my problems so don't even try putting yourself in my shoes and don't try to help" I say tears rollin down my face as I let it all out.

"I only try to help because I care" he says standing up,"but if you don want my help then I'll leave" he mutters walking out of my room, "oh by the way James wanted to talk to you" he says walking out and closing my door. I stare at the cold grey walls and I decide I can't stand being in this room any longer. I chuck on a jumper and creep out the my door. I make my way down the hallway and slip out the front door.

The cold night air burns my cheeks as I make my way to James house. I get there and realise he probably won't be home because of last time. I open the door a fraction and see his bedroom light on.

"James" I whisper opening his bedroom door.
"Zoe" he says his face lighting up.
"Bryce said you wanted to see me" I say sourly still not forgiving him.
"Zoe I'm so sorry, I was drunk"
"So what you kill someone and your excuse is sorry I was drunk and that instantly makes everything ok" I seethe wanting to punch him.
"I wasn't thinking, I shouldn't have said what I did"
"Well you can't unwind what you did" I growl advancing towards him.
"I know and I'm really really sorry" he says his eyes pleading.

I sit down next to him feeling the bed sink lower. I can feel his gaze upon me as I stare down at my knees.
"Please forgive me" he whispers.
"I will forgive but I won't forget" I say. He grins at me and I smile back.
"Let's do something" he says standing up and offering me his hand.
"Uh like what, it's 6:45 what are we going to do at this time on a school night?"
"There will be some pretty good parties on"
"Fine" I sigh even know i look like a hobo. I walk out of his room to let him get changed and then we go.
"Where's you dad?"
"Don't worry he's out drinking" he says closing the subject.

We walk outside and he leads the way. When we get there music is blaring out onto the street, people are out the front laughing and dancing.
"James look at what I'm wearing" I say realising that everyone is so dressed up.
"Come one we'll find you something" he says leading me inside. We go up a flight of stairs and into a girls room.
"How did you know where to go?"
"I've been to these parties a few times" he says and I nod. He pulls out a short lacy too which only covers my boobs and a tight denim skirt that reaches mid thigh. He then grabs a pair of black high heels.

"You want me to wear these?" I say pointing to the top and skirt.
"Well you can look like that if you want to" he says.
"Grrrr" I growl wrenching the clothes out of his hands.
"Well go" I say.
"I'll turn around" he says. I give up and quickly put on the clothes.
"Done" I snarl looking in disgust at the amount of skin I am showing.
"Here take your hair out, you need to let loose" he says removing my hair tie. I put on the shoes and turn to look in the mirror. I see my ribs although I probably wouldn't be able to count them like I used to. I've always had large breasts so I have no problem there but my hip bones a small and bony. I've put on weight since leaving dad and I'm proud.

"You look nice" h sad but when I lol at him in the mirror his eyes are shining and he's smiling.
"Thanks" I grin going slightly red. We walk back downstairs and this time I don't feel left out.

"Hey beauty" someone says placing their hand on my hip.
"Back of my girlfriend" James snarls and the boy walks off.
"Girlfriend" I say raising my eyebrow.
"You won't survive on your own chicken" he says smiling down at me. A moment to late I realise he's staring at my boobs. I playfully slap him on the arm and walk off getting lost in the crowd. I decide to take James advice and let loose dancing away to the music. I feel a hand slide up my back and under my shirt. I don't resist and move closer to the culprit. His hand slides around to the front of body as he spins me around.

I face a cut looking boy with dirty blonde hair, bright green eyes and braces which make him look ten times cuter. His skin tanned seems to flow in the light.
"Hey" he whispers in my ear sending shivers all through my spine. I wrap my arms around his neck grinning up at him.
"I'm Zoe"
"Jake" he says moving his face closer. Bodies press up against us smelling of weed, alcohol and sweat. He notices that I feel uncomfortable and leads me outside.
"Better?"
"Better" I say.
"Your really beautiful" he whispers looking into my eyes and not my boobs. I have no idea what to say so I just grin at him.

For hours we talk about ourselves and it's nice. I find out he loves sushi and hates pizza. His favourite colour is yellow because it reminds him of his favourite flower a sunflower. He hates girls that wear to much makeup and would prefer a dog over a cat. He looks down at his watch which reads 11:59pm.
"At 12 o clock I have a surprise for you" he says.
"Wha.... " but before I can finish he kisses me. Not a peck on the lips or an aggressive "I want to remove your clothes" type of kiss. It was more of a kiss that you wanted to remember, it was soft, slow and felt just right. He pulls away and I feel myself blushing madly.

"That was the perfect end of the night but an even more perfect start to day" he says looking at me.
"Zoe" James called and I really want o rip his nuts off for ruining this moment.
"What" I growl.
"Bryce is testing to call me, you have to go"
"Wait how am I going to get a hold of you?" I ask jake.
"Here put his number in my phone and until you get your own you can use mine" James says handing me his. I smile at him and give James the phone to put his number in.
"Bye Zoe" Jake says kissing the top of my head.

"James what phone are you gonna use?" I ask as we walk off.
"I have another one the one you have is my backup one so don't worry" he says. James drops me off at the children's home.
"I like jake better then bryce" he says.
"I like jake better than you" I grin. He punches my arm and I sneak in the front door.

"What are you doing" bryce says when I walk into my room. I jump a little not expecting him to be there.
"Thought you weren't going to care about me anymore" I say sitting on the end of my bed.
"I was just wondering" he says anger flashing in his eyes.
"If you must know I had the best night ever" I sigh falling back a large smile plastered on my face.
"Are you and James you know having.."
"Arg no way we're friends and that's it" I say.
"Oh oops haha. What happened?"
"I met this guy and he was a dream boat, not like most guys"
"How do you know"
"Because unlike most guys he wasn't thinking about sex, he just wanted to talk and then he kissed and it was so romantic and beautiful" I grin and I swear my heart has grown three sizes bigger.

Bryce looks at me with an odd look on his face. It's not happiness or jealousy but more like relief.
"Hop out now I'm getting changed" I say pushing him out the door.
"Night Zoe" he says. I quickly say night and shut the door.

"Hey" I text jake wanting to talk.
"Whose this?"
"Zoe"
"Hey beauty" he replies instantly. I feel fireworks go off at these simple words. In a long time nobody has treated me like I was worth their time, nobody has said nice things to me so now the chance is here I'm not letting go.
"Wud" I reply.
"I'm at home now thinking about this amazing girl I kissed tonight"
"Who the fuck is this bitch I'll smash her" I reply smiling.
";)"
"I'm going to sleep" I reply.
"Night cutie" he replies and I fall into bed with the most biggest smile on my face.

Hey guys please help me and tell me if your enjoying xxxxx