Chapter 6

"You worthless peice of shit, your scum, nothing but dirt that I have to take care of" he screams at me. Tears run down my face as he walks off. I place my hand on the back of my head and realise I'm bleeding. I run up to my room.
"I'm worthless" I whisper slicing the blade across my wrist,"I'm stupid" I say again,"I'm a piece of shit" I cry slicing my wrist a third time.

The door bangs open but it's not my dad it's James. I cower away but I realise he's going for something else, someone else, James. I look around for help and bryce is standing at my door.
"Bryce help please" I sob. He shakes his head at me.
"I told you, don't get caught up in the wrong crowed" he says disappointed walking off. I scream for him to come back but he doesn't turn around.

"Zoe, Zoe wake up" someone shakes me awake. Bryce's face was flushed as he stood over my trying to calm me. My frantic breaths calmed down as soon as I realised it was a dream.
"Come on breakfast time" he said walking out. I sighed sitting up rubbing my head. My arm was painful and I realised there was a big purple lump on my arm. I look at my clock and realise it's Saturday. Like hell I'm getting up at 7 on the weekend. I snuggle back down into bed to be instantly pulled out of it.

"Get up now!" Ms Zuckerberg screams at me. I grumble and slowly climb out of bed. I chuck on some sweats and a baggy shirt and go out to breakfast.

"Zoe" Bailey screams excited to see me running into my arms.
"Morning baba" I say picking her up.
"Come eat by me" she says pointing at her seat which insequently is next to bryce. He smiles a beautiful, effervescent smile at me and I can't help but smile back. Kayleigh catches our "little moment" and instantly tries to get his attention. I sigh sitting down an begin eating my soggy cornflakes.

Almost every movement cause my to accidentally touch Bryce's arm and each time I did this a jolt of electricity went through my body. He smelt of chocolate, not the Lynx chocolate spray type but a rich creamy type that made my mouth water. I didn't realise that I was leaning closer to him until he said.

"You like my smell?" I instantly sit up straight blushing.
"I...uh..uh....um" I stammer looking down. He laughs at my embarrassment and I blush even more.

"Bryce I was telling you something" Kayleigh scowls at him. He waves her off and continues talking to me.
"Let's hang today ok, just me and you"
"And me" Bailey pipes up.
"Sure but don't tell anyone" I say to Bailey patting her beautiful brown hair. I finish my breakfast in a better mood and go help Bailey get dressed.

"Zoe do you like bryce?" She asks when we go into her room.
"Um I'm not sure hun" I say picking out a blue frozen dress. She puts it on then says,"well he likes you, he loves you and wants to get married" she giggles.
"And where did you hear this?" I say putting my hands on my hips and pretending to be mad.
"I know everything" she says copying me. I smile at and she smiles back her cute dimples showing and I realise that I want to give this girl the brightest future ever.

We walk out and go find bryce who I waiting by the front door.
"Let's go my ladies" he says opening the door for us. We walk out side and the humidity hits me and instantly I wish I hadn't wore sweatpants. Bryce takes us to a small park that has a pond and a playground. We sit under a big oak tree and Bailey goes and plays.

"Bryce why is Bailey here at the home?" I ask watching this girl who looks as if nothing could ever go wrong in her life, the happiness radiating off her making everyone feel happy, even me.