Chapter 18

Nicki made her way downstairs after having done her morning routine and taken a shower. She made her way to the kitchen where she found Lani and Kai making themselves breakfast.

Nicki: morning

Lani: did you even go to bed

Kai: morning nic

Nicki looked at Lani confused.

Lani: oh we heard you two at it last night. Close your door properly next time

Nicki smirked and kissed her teeth.

Nicki: I'm sure you secretly enjoyed it

Lani: ew no. What was the occasion or did you just feel like it

Nicki: daddy's birthday obviously

Lani: but wouldn't that've been Wednesday night? Of which I thankfully missed

Nicki: indeed it was. Well there was something else

She went and poured herself a drink as both of her younger siblings looked at her now waiting an answer. She brought her left hand up and waved causing them to both look at her on a state of shock.

Lani: he didn't

Nicki: he did. You can refer to me as the soon to be Mrs Graham

Kai: oh god here we go

He laughed and she took one of the oranges and threw it at him. Luckily he caught it. Lani just shook her head and chuckled.

Drake: is this how Maraj's greet each other in the morning

Lani: well two of us can greet each other normally. The soon to be graham is the problem

Nicki cut her eyes and both of them as drake stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Nicki: if you two didn't wind me up so much we wouldn't have a problem

Kai and Lani just looked at each other and laughed slightly before it turned into a smirk.

Nicki: what

Kai: you getting them vibes Mel

Lani: I am

They high-fived and Nicki glared at them.

Nicki: I can't stand you two

Lani: you love us really sis

-

Drake sat in Reign's room on the floor as Nicki sat on the rocking chair. They had told the people that mattered most about their engagement over the last couple of days and now it was just focusing on the baby. Lani and Kai had left yesterday so it was just the pair of them left in the house.

Nicki: everything really is going to change when he arrives isn't it

Drake: it really is. It's already started.

Nicki: I know. Before we get any further I'm doing the day rounds for the first week and he's yours over night

Drake: of course you would

Nicki: I need my beauty sleep

Drake: it's fine I'll taking him out clubbing every night

Nicki: you damn right will not

He just laughed. Nicki stood up and put the teddy bear she was holding to one side before she made her way to the bathroom. She relieved herself and washed her hands but didn't make it out of the bathroom before another liquid made its way down her legs. She just looked at it for a second before everything clicked.

Nicki: Aubrey

Drake stood up and made his way to the bathroom where he opened the door and just stood there.

Drake: what's up

Nicki: can you not see

Drake: what you wet yourself

She hit him on the arm and he jus laughed.

Nicki: no idiot, my water just broke

He laughed a little while long until it clicked to him too.

Drake: wait what

Nicki: that's right, reign is on his way...

-

After an eventful 8 hours Nicki finally gave birth to Reign Kyran Graham, at 1:08am on Wednesday the 1st of November. She now sat in her hospital room just watching as drake held their son. It was still all so surreal to her, but she was in love with what her life has become.

Drake: hello little man

Nicki: is he awake

Drake: yup, his eyes are beautiful look

He stood up and walked over to Nicki so she could see their now awake child.

Drake: just like yours

Nicki chuckled.

Nicki: he looks a lot like you though

Drake: he does. And it's so weird seeing a little me.

They both laughed. He then passed him over to Nicki and she just held him close. She looked up at drake who was ready to snap a picture and just laughed before trying to cover her face.

Nicki: stop

Drake: you look beautiful

Nicki: no I don't

She pouted and he walked over to her and kissed her temple.

Drake: yes you do

Nicki smiled at him and sighed before she placed a kiss on Reign's temple.

Drake: what's up

He took his seat back next to her on one of the chairs.

Nicki: who would've thought one year ago that we would end up where we are today. We're engaged, we have a son and we're living in a happy home. Like I never saw this coming like at all

Drake: neither did I, but I can say I would change it. I'm glad things worked out as they did. Received two of the best people in my life because of it.

Nicki: I love you Aubrey

Drake: I love you too nic

-

Drake woke up to crying on the baby monitor. He stood and rubbed his eyes before he walked out and made his way to Reign's room. He open the door and walked in to find him very agitated.

Drake: what's up little man

He picked him up and held him in from of him as he stretched before bringing him in close. He kissed his temple and just rocked gently from side to side as reign relaxed onto his chest. He took a seat on the rocking chair before holding Reign out in front of him.

Drake: you're a night owl aren't you. Don't worry I am too, so we can get along there.

He chuckled.

Drake: but we've got to be quiet so we don't wake your mother. She won't be very happy with us.

The small child just looked up at his father and examined him.

Drake: we're gonna raise you to become a little King. You're gonna be everything that other people will aspire to be. But at the same time you're gonna have to be respectful, especially to women. That's always the first rule, young man, be a gentleman. I don't want to here stories of you disrespecting women because once you've set that reputation, you'll never be able to get rid of it. Out of all the things I accomplished it life, your mother was probably the best one and I'm sure one day you'll be saying the same thing to your child...

He continued talking and Nicki just stood in the doorway watching with a small smile on her face...

-------------------------

Vote comment recommend

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X